Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American TIDEnGA's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I don't have the stomach for it anymore. The coverage has become 24/7, and there is just not that much to talk about so they begin to obsess over what ifs, and well, I tire of that quickly. I find it better for my blood pressure to just check in on Tidefans and leave ESPN alone until gameday. Heck, speaking of gameday... I don't even watch that show much anymore.
    I agree plus every time I seem to be watching it's ALL Notre Dame. I felt ok about the game until Todd Mcshay totally trashed our secondary. Now it's back to stressing.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    I agree plus every time I seem to be watching it's ALL Notre Dame. I felt ok about the game until Todd Mcshay totally trashed our secondary. Now it's back to stressing.
    first, who cares about todd mcshay? second, if he's going to trash our secondary, then he should trash ND's too...because they are no better than ours.

My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    Alabama is a young team on defense. Personally, I felt that if Alabama could get past the early tests it would be relatively smooth sailing because they would mature as the year progressed.

It hasn't been that simple, but they have shown some progression. For instance, they gave up 425 yards against the 59th ranked offense in LSU. They gave up 394 yards against the 19th ranked offense in Georgia. That might not seem like a good thing, but they were playing against the second highest rated QB and they didn't let him beat them. Even in the Texas A&M game, Alabama got beat in the first quarter, after that they outplayed and outscored A&M.

There are issues, but if Murray, who accounted for 36 TDs and almost 3893 yards didn't carve them up, it doesn't seem like Notre Dame will. Alabama has a lot of practice time to address inexperience on defense. While I think this could be a close game, it's hard to imagine the Notre Dame team I saw doing a whole lot in the passing game against Alabama.

BamaNation All-SEC RammerJammer15's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Kevin Norwood took a picture with Uncle Luke after practice. So I guess he was at practice?

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The thing about our secondary is that they play pretty solid about 85% of the time but the other 15% are things like what McShay demonstrated. When we get beat, we get beat good this year. In 2011, I'd say the percentages were more like 95% success and 5% bust. I think if we can get that to 90/10 for this game, I think we'll win.

I've noticed some questionable recognition this year. The first TD by UGA, Lester came late into a blitz right when the TE motioned over to his side. Given that nobody else covered him, Lester's responsibility was probably to kill his blitz and check into a coverage on the TE. Other times, the corners seems to have little idea what the receiver is going to do on his deep breaks and they play timid which allows easy cuts into voids by the receiver. These are probably all symptoms of youth. They don't know what they're suppose to do against the personnel grouping and alignment within the call...the ball is snapped and they are just chasing ghosts.

Hopefully a month of prep for one offense will improve the mental awareness: less read, more react.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I don't have the stomach for it anymore. The coverage has become 24/7, and there is just not that much to talk about so they begin to obsess over what ifs, and well, I tire of that quickly. I find it better for my blood pressure to just check in on Tidefans and leave ESPN alone until gameday. Heck, speaking of gameday... I don't even watch that show much anymore.
    I even selectively open and read threads here on the Football Board -- titles that obviously point to something inordinately raising my anxiety level get skipped. However, my curiosity got the better of me with this thread. Sorry I opened it. Thank goodness it's almost "pitcher of margaritas" time.

RTR
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

so from what I have gathered on other Bama MBs was that Barrett and the seniors were unhappy with the earlier practices and he decided to called for a players' only meeting to get the younger players more focus .

what followed was a very intense and nasty practice in pads and shorts.

FYI, Saban and staff had nothing to do with the meeting.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by RammerJammer15 View Post
    Kevin Norwood took a picture with Uncle Luke after practice. So I guess he was at practice?

Dwight Stephenson stop by as well.

yeah, other than the little bit i hear in the last few minutes of pre-game and the half time reports on the few bowl games i've watched, i pretty much only get my info on the big game through tf.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    desire??? the Crimson Tide have a rare opportunity to make CFB history with this game on JAN. 7TH.

If they win, they become the 1st team to win the BCSNCG back to back.

if they win, they become the 1st team to win 3 out 4 NCs unanimously. even Nebraska had to shared the title in 97' with Michigan.

if they win, they become the 1st team in Bama's rich history to have won 3 NCs in 4 years. Coach Bryant's 1966 team had the ring taken away from them by the media bias.

if they win, they become the most decorated Crimson Tide team ever and considering how parity is closing in CFB , it makes the win that much more impressive!!
    Good post SanJose. I will add the best team usually wins these type of games and we also have the best players. If we play a good to great game we no doubt win the game IMO.

My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

ND's role as underdog has been repeatedly stated by the nat'l media since the final seconds of the SECCG, but the closer we get to kickoff in the BCSNCG, the overall feeling I'm taking away from all the Domer love and blather is that we are the underdogs by destiny. Hope our team is feeling that way.

The thing that really concerns me though, is that Anthony Bourdain's new series, "The Layover," premiers his Dublin episode on Monday night. Could it be that Destiny is more than a stripper (It's Rollin baby!)?

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood

And this is he exact reason, I haven't turned on espn or listened to the radio. It is just too much speculation over little things. I will enjoy watching the game and fully expect our players to be ready.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

What's funny is that ND has been somewhat " cocky" in their interviews when they talks about the Crimson Team and it seems to me that they are losing focus on the game little by little, so I would expect Alabama to come ready and be prepared...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*