It hasn't been that simple, but they have shown some progression. For instance, they gave up 425 yards against the 59th ranked offense in LSU. They gave up 394 yards against the 19th ranked offense in Georgia. That might not seem like a good thing, but they were playing against the second highest rated QB and they didn't let him beat them. Even in the Texas A&M game, Alabama got beat in the first quarter, after that they outplayed and outscored A&M.
There are issues, but if Murray, who accounted for 36 TDs and almost 3893 yards didn't carve them up, it doesn't seem like Notre Dame will. Alabama has a lot of practice time to address inexperience on defense. While I think this could be a close game, it's hard to imagine the Notre Dame team I saw doing a whole lot in the passing game against Alabama.
Kevin Norwood took a picture with Uncle Luke after practice. So I guess he was at practice?
The thing about our secondary is that they play pretty solid about 85% of the time but the other 15% are things like what McShay demonstrated. When we get beat, we get beat good this year. In 2011, I'd say the percentages were more like 95% success and 5% bust. I think if we can get that to 90/10 for this game, I think we'll win.
I've noticed some questionable recognition this year. The first TD by UGA, Lester came late into a blitz right when the TE motioned over to his side. Given that nobody else covered him, Lester's responsibility was probably to kill his blitz and check into a coverage on the TE. Other times, the corners seems to have little idea what the receiver is going to do on his deep breaks and they play timid which allows easy cuts into voids by the receiver. These are probably all symptoms of youth. They don't know what they're suppose to do against the personnel grouping and alignment within the call...the ball is snapped and they are just chasing ghosts.
Hopefully a month of prep for one offense will improve the mental awareness: less read, more react.
The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.
“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff
“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin
so from what I have gathered on other Bama MBs was that Barrett and the seniors were unhappy with the earlier practices and he decided to called for a players' only meeting to get the younger players more focus .
what followed was a very intense and nasty practice in pads and shorts.
FYI, Saban and staff had nothing to do with the meeting.
Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.
— Thomas Pynchon
ND's role as underdog has been repeatedly stated by the nat'l media since the final seconds of the SECCG, but the closer we get to kickoff in the BCSNCG, the overall feeling I'm taking away from all the Domer love and blather is that we are the underdogs by destiny. Hope our team is feeling that way.
The thing that really concerns me though, is that Anthony Bourdain's new series, "The Layover," premiers his Dublin episode on Monday night. Could it be that Destiny is more than a stripper (It's Rollin baby!)?
And this is he exact reason, I haven't turned on espn or listened to the radio. It is just too much speculation over little things. I will enjoy watching the game and fully expect our players to be ready.
What's funny is that ND has been somewhat " cocky" in their interviews when they talks about the Crimson Team and it seems to me that they are losing focus on the game little by little, so I would expect Alabama to come ready and be prepared...
We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*