Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

It is very easy to think that you are concentrating and focusing when you have had a lot of success -- when in reality you are not. The SEC is not as strong this year -- we have seen that. Our "D" is not as strong as last year -- whose is? IMHO BJones knows what it takes and he decided to ramp it up a notch. Especially after watching UF get their doors blown off...I am glad to see it happened.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Scout Team

According to Barrett Jones in his media interview, the captains hold a players meeting every Thursday before games. This seems like the media blowing something up that isn't really a story. Shocking I know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mudbone View Post
    According to Barrett Jones in his media interview, the captains hold a players meeting every Thursday before games. This seems like the media blowing something up that isn't really a story. Shocking I know!
    i'm sure another reason for worry and angst will be provided shortly.
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

This article calls it a team meeting called by team leadership and is full of quotes from Nico Johnson but nothing from B. Jones

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/alabama...94--ncaaf.html
    You will suffer through one of two things in life, either the pain of discipline or the pain of disappointment - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-SEC

Calling attention to "focus" on Thursday doesn't worry me a bit. These are mostly kids. Expecting them to get off the plane in Miami like a bunch of robots and do nothing but bear down till Monday night is not realistic. Notre Dame seems to be riding high. Good. I like it that way. They think beating Stanford (ok, maybe they did) and USC with a backup quarterback has shown them everything Alabama can do. That's good, too. I worry about a lot of things, but Alabama coming out unprepared like Florida did in a bowl the Gators didn't want to attend against a team they didn't respect isn't one of them.

Oh, and I agree. There is just way too much time to listen to a lot of blather between the first of December and the second week of January.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i'm sure another reason for worry and angst will be provided shortly.
    Probably to address Saban to the Browns

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

I've said all year long that Bama would be the team that beat Bama. The TAMU game to me proved that. Even listening to Barrett and others speak they have the confidence that if they play to their potential they will be the opponent they are facing regardless. Sounds like some weren't doing all the necessary things they should have been doing to maintain the focus and intensity needed as a unit. Saban isn't the only one that is going to notice it or get peeved about it. CNS always wants leaders among the players to direct the group as a whole and this team certainly has those. The 2010 squad is an example of a group that didn't and we saw probably the most talent on the field drift from time to time and lose 3 games.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I see this as nothing more than Senior leadership. For all we know, this could be an internal decision to show the young players how to handle and prepare themselves appropriately now and in the future.

If preparation is the issue then we are already in trouble from the month long layoff. We will see. I think we'll be ready.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I'll put this here:

Are they on a practice schedule now similar to the season "pretending" that Monday is Saturday?
    RTR!

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've been following some of the players on Twitter and it's interesting. Some of the younger players are tweeting about the atmosphere-type things while the olders ones are talking about practices. Then there will be a smattering from some groupie girls and right after that a "Remember why we're here, let's stay focused" tweet from a leader. This particular one was 22hours ago from Fluker. Gotta love it!
    Last edited by SavannahDare; January 4th, 2013 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    Probably to address Saban to the Browns
    im worried he may bolt at halftime
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

About the player's only meeting:

Us fans are result driven, if we win...he was the spark...if we lose, they weren't quick enough to the issue or the team didn't listen. It was the right thing to do either way to me...

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by sanjosecrimson View Post
    man, relax gents. the boys have not played football in 5 weeks. they are also enjoying themselves in Miami. they are young men, just having fun and soaking all the excitement in. come gameday, I bet my Crimson butt, the Tide will be ready to roll.

Saban will see to that!!
    Play the game now,enjoy later.