GameFace on TideFans.com

Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

The anticipation is killing me.
    ROLL TIDE!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEnGA View Post
    I agree plus every time I seem to be watching it's ALL Notre Dame. I felt ok about the game until Todd Mcshay totally trashed our secondary. Now it's back to stressing.
    personally, i hope every commentator out there trashes them. point out every fault (real or conceived) and how ND will prevail. no way to stop their TE. Te'o is the second coming of LT. show all the weaknesses in the D and how to move the ball on it. everything. i hope the players see it and that it gets under their skin. we have all seen what this team can do when properly motivated and i think the media's love of bama would provide that. one word comes to mind: buzzsaw.
    "If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm." ~Vince Lombardi

"Anthony Grant could've beaten us tonight by 80," he said. "The fact that he beat us by 40 was a class act, and I appreciate that." ~ Toldeo head basketball coach Tod Kowalczyk after an 83 - 41 loss to Alabama on 1/3/11

BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    My Mood
    Vilified on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE24 View Post
    I have know doubt we have the better team and we should win. But make no mistake ND is prepared and ready. They may not be better than TX or LSU were, but I believe they are better coached and more focused than either of those two teams were. We must come with our A game. As I have heard Lou Holtz say " you don't have to be the best team in the country, just the best team in the stadium that night"

I apologize for getting slightly off subject, but that is exactly what bothers me about a playoff system with too many teams involved.

Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Which is it though? Is it a regular meeting or a called meeting?
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team gtowntide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideEngineer08 View Post
    I don't have the stomach for it anymore. The coverage has become 24/7, and there is just not that much to talk about so they begin to obsess over what ifs, and well, I tire of that quickly. I find it better for my blood pressure to just check in on Tidefans and leave ESPN alone until gameday. Heck, speaking of gameday... I don't even watch that show much anymore.
    I totally agree with this post. I'll get info here on TideFans and turn the TV on Monday night.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Which is it though? Is it a regular meeting or a called meeting?
    They may have regular meetings on Thursday's but this one was called IMO. From Nico's TV interview I saw along with other supporting stuff it was called and for a reason. Nothing wrong with it and/or to worry about.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    They may have regular meetings on Thursday's but this one was called IMO. From Nico's TV interview I saw along with other supporting stuff it was called and for a reason. Nothing wrong with it and/or to worry about.
    Yeah I just read an article that says they were a little sloppy at practice. I'm sure they've refocused.
    ROLL TIDE!

I actually see this as a positive, that we have team leaders holding younger players accountable. Something that seemed lacking on the 2010 team, for instance.
    Discipline.
    Commitment.
    Effort.
    Toughness.
    Pride.
    (http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20100201/news/100209986)

The comment about "desire" earlier was misunderstood. The fact we've won a couple of championships in 3 years is like the man who has had a steak dinner twice in the last three days.

ND's hunger may be stronger because they're like the guy who's been lost in the woods for a week and he's finally been found.

Now, if ND is "hungrier" or if they have more "desire" that doesn't mean they'll automatically win. Our "desire" may just be enough, coupled with what I hope is superior talent and coaching to be the difference maker on Monday night. RTR!!!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Barrett said during his presser there was no special players meeting. He's not sure where that came from but it never happened.
    “I think that a lot in life comes down to expectations sometimes, and we didn’t come here looking for a moral victory.”— Nick Saban