Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today (Jones says never happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I have know doubt we have the better team and we should win. But make no mistake ND is prepared and ready. They may not be better than TX or LSU were, but I believe they are better coached and more focused than either of those two teams were. We must come with our A game. As I have heard Lou Holtz say " you don't have to be the best team in the country, just the best team in the stadium that night"

I apologize for getting slightly off subject, but that is exactly what bothers me about a playoff system with too many teams involved.

Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ight!

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

I don't have the stomach for it anymore. The coverage has become 24/7, and there is just not that much to talk about so they begin to obsess over what ifs, and well, I tire of that quickly. I find it better for my blood pressure to just check in on Tidefans and leave ESPN alone until gameday. Heck, speaking of gameday... I don't even watch that show much anymore.
I totally agree with this post. I'll get info here on TideFans and turn the TV on Monday night.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Which is it though? Is it a regular meeting or a called meeting?
They may have regular meetings on Thursday's but this one was called IMO. From Nico's TV interview I saw along with other supporting stuff it was called and for a reason. Nothing wrong with it and/or to worry about.

Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

They may have regular meetings on Thursday's but this one was called IMO. From Nico's TV interview I saw along with other supporting stuff it was called and for a reason. Nothing wrong with it and/or to worry about.
Yeah I just read an article that says they were a little sloppy at practice. I'm sure they've refocused.

DCETP

Scout Team
Sep 29, 2012

I actually see this as a positive, that we have team leaders holding younger players accountable. Something that seemed lacking on the 2010 team, for instance.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The comment about "desire" earlier was misunderstood. The fact we've won a couple of championships in 3 years is like the man who has had a steak dinner twice in the last three days.

ND's hunger may be stronger because they're like the guy who's been lost in the woods for a week and he's finally been found.

Now, if ND is "hungrier" or if they have more "desire" that doesn't mean they'll automatically win. Our "desire" may just be enough, coupled with what I hope is superior talent and coaching to be the difference maker on Monday night. RTR!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.