Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today (Jones says never happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Watching the BCS special on ESPNU and one of the ESPN analysts said that Barrett Jones was concerned about the focus of the Alabama players in Miami and called a players only meeting this morning to address it.

Edited - He might have called the meeting yesterday. Anyone know if this is still a concern?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

WSFA reported this morning that Saban was yelling during practice yesterday to get the focus. Figured it was being over blown. Maybe not...

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

I didn't get an invite so this is probably only a rumor...

BTW for the record, I'm not a playa, I just crush A LOT!

RTR_UA#1

All-SEC
Jun 16, 2008
Meridian, MS

Man.... I sure do hope they get focused. I don't want to see another Utah game.

Oh well...... we will see Monday.

:conf2:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

i bet its just to let everyone know officially that his foot is better and he will be playing monday night.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I sure hope he got everyone FOCUSED on what is truly important, i.e. sending the Fightin' Irish back up north with the blues, and a state of depression for their loss in Miami.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

It baffles me how their could be a lack of focus before a national championship game. After all the work they have done it would seem easy to keep them focused for a few days with a chance to do something incredible.

I really don't even understand it for the "lesser" bcs bowl games. Why blow am opportunity to play on national tv and finish your season off on a high note.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Watching the BCS special on ESPNU and one of the ESPN analysts said that Barrett Jones was concerned about the focus of the Alabama players in Miami and called a players only meeting this morning to address it.

Edited - He might have called the meeting yesterday. Anyone know if this is still a concern?
I saw it too and it was yesterday per the report. I also saw an interview with Nico today and he said they needed to get more focused and then said they had a real good practice. I have a feeling Coach got on them bad about not being focused after a bad practice and then they had the players only meeting and then the better practice after the meeting. It sounds like a young team not being focused at a very important time and Coach and the seniors let them know to change their mindset. I believe all is good now.

hotwillz33

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 7, 2012

We gotta remember this team has young players who contribute......the Miami scene can be too much for 18-20 yr olds.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

man, relax gents. the boys have not played football in 5 weeks. they are also enjoying themselves in Miami. they are young men, just having fun and soaking all the excitement in. come gameday, I bet my Crimson butt, the Tide will be ready to roll.

Saban will see to that!!

Last edited:
Jones Calls Players Only Meeting Today

I saw it too and it was yesterday per the report. I also saw an interview with Nico today and he said they needed to get more focused and then said they had a real good practice. I have a feeling Coach got on them bad about not being focused after a bad practice and then they had the players only meeting and then the better practice after the meeting. It sounds like a young team not being focused at a very important time and Coach and the seniors let them know to change their mindset. I believe all is good now.
Hope you're right.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

It baffles me how their could be a lack of focus before a national championship game. After all the work they have done it would seem easy to keep them focused for a few days with a chance to do something incredible.

I really don't even understand it for the "lesser" bcs bowl games. Why blow am opportunity to play on national tv and finish your season off on a high note.
They could have gotten distracted by the Big and Bright lights in the Big city and some broads on the beach.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Thanks - I was listening while on a call. Got to love Jones - LEADER.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Not to be a nervous Nellie but we heard rumors just like this leading up to the Utah game. Ultimately I think we passed the blame of the eventual outcome to the Andre Smith debacle and the disappointment of not being in the BCSCG and losing to UF.

So we'll see if we have another "Utah" Monday night or not. I certainly hope not. But how the "flow" of this bowl season is going for the SEC we're on schedule for a letdown. Thank goodness the outcome ultimately is in the players' and coaches' hands.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Good call. Exactly what's going on...

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012

18-22 year old kids can make dumb mistakes at times.

I hope Jones let every one know his foot would be lodged somewhere else if players do not get refocused. Hopefully, Williams, Nico, AJ, Warmack, Lacy, Lester, and others volunteered to help.

The team was focused in the Big Easy, Miami should be no problem.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Not to be a nervous Nellie but we heard rumors just like this leading up to the Utah game. Ultimately I think we passed the blame of the eventual outcome to the Andre Smith debacle and the disappointment of not being in the BCSCG and losing to UF.

So we'll see if we have another "Utah" Monday night or not. I certainly hope not. But how the "flow" of this bowl season is going for the SEC we're on schedule for a letdown. Thank goodness the outcome ultimately is in the players' and coaches' hands.
except for the Utah game due to all the issues you stated, Bama has done a great job under Saban for all other post season games. I am not worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.