Eight Titanic Victories

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Sorry, but the Notre Dame win does not belong on this list. While I understand the historical significance of getting the Irish monkey off our backs, that was not a ery good team we beat. I would have included the 1926 Rose Bowl, the game that put Alabama football on the national map.

Keith Dunnavant

1st Team
Sep 14, 2010
Neither the 1926 Rose Bowl or the 1993 Sugar Bowl fit the list. This is a list of important wins against the other eight leading all-time powers. Neither Miami nor Washington make that cut, so those wins don't qualify, even though those two certainly are among the biggest in Bama history, and both are more significant than many of these.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Neither the 1926 Rose Bowl or the 1993 Sugar Bowl fit the list. This is a list of important wins against the other eight leading all-time powers. Neither Miami nor Washington make that cut, so those wins don't qualify, even though those two certainly are among the biggest in Bama history, and both are more significant than many of these.
Thanks for explaining that, I thought this was just your list of eight big wins in general. hopefully you can swap out that Notre Dame game after Monday night. As always, I learned something from your article. Never knew we were such a big underdog against Nebraska in the 1966 Orange Bowl.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.