Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

This is concerning for several reasons not the least of which is the media attention that will be given to it. Since I started typing this, 3 media alerts have popped up. As for the situation itself...there have been signs that something was not right (the players only meeting, tweets from players like Fluker to stay focused). Please know I am NOT trying to raise an alarm -- the players meeting, followed by the tough practice, followed by dismissal of these players has probably refocused everyone on this team. But for those on this board who lightly dismiss this situation, I can assure you Saban and staff are not amused!

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Luvubama View Post
    This is concerning for several reasons not the least of which is the media attention that will be given to it. Since I started typing this, 3 media alerts have popped up. As for the situation itself...there have been signs that something was not right (the players only meeting, tweets from players like Fluker to stay focused). Please know I am NOT trying to raise an alarm -- the players meeting, followed by the tough practice, followed by dismissal of these players has probably refocused everyone on this team. But for those on this board who lightly dismiss this situation, I can assure you Saban and staff are not amused!
    I don't worry until gameday, they'll be good.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah, I don't know what the mental situation is right now...but I don't like the look of it.

Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

The Irish are staying at the Westin Diplomat Resort/Spa in Hollywood -- certainly no dump!

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I am pretty sure you have the ORDER all screwed up!!!

I'm sure Notre Dame is partying having a good time too.

BamaNation All-American RollTide1017's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I've got a bad feeling about this, never thought lack of focus would be an issue for this team.

Two young guys who are freshman that could not take care of business with the rest of the team. Well, I hope they both learn something from their mistake.
    It is just like being a teen and parents doing thier job and being firm. It builds character and teaches you that you have to behave.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

This isn't a big deal in the scheme of things. just to the two players...

First, missing curfew can be easy when you're out. If the two of them ended up hitting a club by themselves for instance, and lost track of time it has no bearing on anyone else.

Second... The media attention it bring has nothing to do with the teams preparation or practice either. The only people is stirs up, aside from the media, is us. If players have enough time to be worrying about the media, then there is a bigger problem anyways.

Third, and finally... This players only meeting to make sure everyone was focused isn't an alarm, or shouldn't be. As said in THAT thread, I bet OUR definition of lack of focus and THEIR definition is WAY different. Some of the leaders on the team probably want 100% effort from whistle to whistle all day long...you see one or two guys (even those who are just running scout team) slacking up, you get on their butts... That doesn't mean the team isn't focused...it means they want even MORE then they are already getting. I feel like some of you are looking for an "out" in this game before it already starts...

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

How do we know the players were dismissed after all this? This could have been done quietly and we are just now finding out?

BTW, I still don't like it and hope this has lit some fires under the appropriate rear ends.
    RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

IF there was any concern about 'focus', I think it just got taken care of

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The #5 Night Club in the World is just below the hotel the team is staying in...no surprise that some couldn't resist the temptation!

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Hope this does teach them a lesson.
    Alabama Quotes: "Momma called. And when Momma calls, you just have to come runnin'." -- Bear Bryant