Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide1017 View Post
    I've got a bad feeling about this, never thought lack of focus would be an issue for this team.
    Why? Seemed to me that was the issue the first half of the aTm game. I thought that was the wake up call we needed. I guess we'll see...
    “I think that a lot in life comes down to expectations sometimes, and we didn’t come here looking for a moral victory.”— Nick Saban

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Two players (who knew they weren't going to play in the game) acted selfishly and are being punished for it. I don't see this as an indication that the rest of the team isn't taking this trip seriously. That's way too big a leap.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like we've got plenty of folks already doing enough worrying for the rest of us, so I'm not gonna. Can't help but think this much ado about very little. Monday can't come soon enough.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    The #5 Night Club in the World is just below the hotel the team is staying in...no surprise that some couldn't resist the temptation!
    The #1 Football Team in the Nation is staying above that place of false hope and bravado - Which team do you want to be a part of?

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    Looks like we've got plenty of folks already doing enough worrying for the rest of us, so I'm not gonna. Can't help but think this much ado about very little. Monday can't come soon enough.
    Sorry I'm going to join the worrying crowd. I assume the team meeting was called after this incident from what I've read but all of this doesn't seem to bode well to me as far as where this teams focus lies. Notre Dame is going to be extremely hungry and if this team comes in sleepwalking it can get away from us quickly.

I really hope the senior leadership can regain the focus and intensity they'll need for an epic game on Monday night. Word coming from some of the guys interviewed made it sound like practice went much better, let's hope so.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

Quote Originally Posted by 45longcolt View Post
    I am pretty sure you have the ORDER all screwed up!!!
    I'm sure you know more than I do. I was just going off what I've picked up through the board. The order is not important to me, just the potential distraction.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    How do we know the players were dismissed after all this? This could have been done quietly and we are just now finding out?

BTW, I still don't like it and hope this has lit some fires under the appropriate rear ends.
    Well obviously I have no insight into this but their dismissal happened somewhere close in this timeline of events. Good grief. My point was only that this seems to have connecting dots. To your point I hope this is all A ok now, but do those on this board who are dismissing this so lightly really believe it isn't at least on the minds of the other players who may have to answer questions about this? Whether they were starters or not they were part of the TEam and it can't help but be an added distraction that "to my knowledge" they didn't have to deal with last year -- or that ND is facing this year.

BamaNation All-SEC RollTide1017's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I know many of you are playing it cool but, I'm just saying that when you hear about this type of stuff with other teams in the past, it usually doesn't end well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I know many of you are playing it cool but, I'm just saying that when you hear about this type of stuff with other teams in the past, it usually doesn't end well.
    I seem to recall a young man that didn't get to play in the Orange Bowl one yr for us for the same thing and we did fine without him. It's a team sport. Hopefully this will teach both of them a valuable life lesson and serve as an example for the other players.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; January 4th, 2013 at 11:47 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Did the leaders on these teams hold a players only meeting "in the past"? I think our leadership will set up and not let this affect the other players on the team.

BamaNation First Team dadleyblane5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WMack4Bama View Post
    The Toronto Argonauts
    ROFLMBO!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

This is clutter. We know how coach views clutter. It is unsightly. Therefore it is removed. Hope these guys learn from this.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

The panicking over the hotel needs to stop. ESPN has trolled you, and you ate it up. if you think the team hotel is going to make our team forget how to play football, Or that all of a sudden our guys became the 92 Miami Hurricanes, stop it. thank you.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.