Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

It's sad that it blew up for no reason. The team only meeting are held every Thursday by the seniors during the regular season... this is nothing new...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American IMALOYAL1's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

A caller on Finebaum reported this around 3 O clock, so I was just waiting for it to become mainstream...or not.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonPride's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    It's sad that it blew up for no reason. The team only meeting are held every Thursday by the seniors during the regular season... this is nothing new...
    You are correct. ESPN just reported that the team meeting was held before practice on Thursday and that the practices on Thursday and Friday went very well.

As far as the team staying at the Fontainebleau, I don't believe it matters as much as ESPN was trying to insinuate that it does. As I was explaining to my 18 year old, who is a freshman at Bama, these young adults did not value the opportunity that was before them. They probably thought that they could get away with coming in late, so it would not have mattered which hotel the team was staying at. I do remember being 18 and thinking that I could get over on just about everyone. I told him that if I had spent my hard earned money to come see my son participate in what is a once in a lifetime experience for most, only to find out that he had been sent home for breaking the rules, CNS would be the least of his concerns.

I won't jump to the conclusion that this lapse in accountability by 2 players is an indication of the mindset of the team. The way I look at, out of all of the players we have down there, over 80 of them are doing it the right way.
    "There's lots of Tigers and Bears, but there's only one Crimson Tide." -Mal Moore
    "It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." - Paul (Bear) Bryant
    "Arguing with a fool proves there are two." - Doris M. Smith

BamaNation Third Team

Correct me if Im wrong, isnt Ryan Anderson the reason that Chris Black didnt play this year? Didnt he cheap shot Chris on a Special Teams practice drill? If so...this kid may be trouble.

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjem71 View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong, isnt Ryan Anderson the reason that Chris Black didnt play this year? Didnt he cheap shot Chris on a Special Teams practice drill? If so...this kid may be trouble.
    Practice injuries happen. Some guys have a hard time toning down the violence when they are on a field and in pads. Some wimpy teams don't go as hard as Bama does and it shows on the field.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

This is not as big as of a deal as first thought.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Just stop. He's a good kid from a good family with good upbringing. But at the moment, he's just that: a kid.

He'll learn from it. Lest we forget that during the early stages of Coach Saban's tenure many of our most beloved players got caught up too (Rolando McClain's motorcycle accident, Rashad Johnson's arrest on the Strip, Courtney Upshaw's domestic abuse arrest). Just try not to get too caught up. These are young men still trying to find their way. They just happen to have the misfortune of trying to mature under the heavy scrutiny of media and a large fan base. They'll get it right.
    Last edited by WMack4Bama; January 5th, 2013 at 06:59 AM.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

Notes from Player only meeting (my guess):

Fluker to team : anyone here cost me a shot at another ring or embarrass the team, being sent home is the least of your worries, you feel me.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Probably right. :rolls eyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American tidefanbeezer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I pulled the SI article up on my phone this morning and under the headline "2 Bama players sent home" they had a picture of Nico Johnson. My heart stopped until I read through the article.

I think the worries about lack of focus are a little over blown. That Barrett Jones called a team meeting and DJ Fluker is calling folks out on Twitter is a good thing. It means that the team has leadership and those leaders are working to maintain the championship focus. I would be worried if there were reports of sloppy practices and players getting sent home and there was NO response to it.

I have no doubt that Saban and the team leaders will have Bama focused on the task at hand come Monday.

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Kinda like the idea of a mad Fluke.

Not a big deal. Apparently they didn't get back to their rooms by the designated time.They broke the rules and were sent home. Message sent and hopefully lesson learned. The process continues.
    Dirt can't hide from intensified Tide!

Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    The #1 Football Team in the Nation is staying above that place of false hope and bravado - Which team do you want to be a part of?
    You obviously have never been hit on by a Miami chica model...