Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789
    Suspended
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

Quote Originally Posted by Al A Bama View Post

However, if anybody else has to ride a bus home, they need to board that bus with no TV monitors oh about an hour before game time.
    They could just as easily watch the game on their smart phones...

I think being sent home and being publicly humiliated is quite enough.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So what team?

And who were these players?

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

It is unfortunate for these kids that their actions caused them to be sent home. However, the humiliation of being sent home should be sufficient to get their heads on right for the future. These are two kids have now been taught a very valuable life lesson.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    They could just as easily watch the game on their smart phones...

I think being sent home and being publicly humiliated is quite enough.
    Man, all these new gadgets that we have available to us now. I think back to Bama playing Arkansas after the 1961 season. I watched that game intently on a small Black and White TV. Times sure have changed.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    No offense to Anderson and Lee but they are, as of right now, what I call "chicken finger eaters". "Chicken finger eaters" don't get much leeway when it comes to shenanigans. You are here to support, not distract. You distract and I will ensure that you will not be here to distract any further.
    Agree, and, as I posted earlier, this type of player is, unfortunately, more likely to get into trouble. Sometimes it's hard to really feel like you're an important part when you know you're not going to see the field...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

Man, all these new gadgets that we have available to us now. I think back to Bama playing Arkansas after the 1961 season. I watched that game intently on a small Black and White TV. Times sure have changed.
    Those little B&W TVs were responsible for the white road jersey rule. I remember playing UT with them in orange and us in crimson. Looked about the same color on TV...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Don't the freshmen need seniors/upperclassmen around them during the entire PROCESS saying don't do this and don't do that or you are going to blow it big time and have to pay for your mistakes. I sure hope nobody else has to ride a bus home!
    I think we have some of the best leaders in college sports, but honestly, at this point, those leaders need to be focusing on the game and not chasing around kids who choose not to listen or follow the example their leaders are displaying.

I hate watching kids learn lessons the hard way, particularly when it comes to such a rare opportunity such as making history; however, what is done is done, and it's time for everyone to move forward.