Ryan Anderson & Dillon Lee Sent Home for Curfew Violation

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I know many of you are playing it cool but, I'm just saying that when you hear about this type of stuff with other teams in the past, it usually doesn't end well.
I seem to recall a young man that didn't get to play in the Orange Bowl one yr for us for the same thing and we did fine without him. It's a team sport. Hopefully this will teach both of them a valuable life lesson and serve as an example for the other players.

Last edited:

bamaboy256

Scout Team
Dec 22, 2009
I know many of you are playing it cool but, I'm just saying that when you hear about this type of stuff with other teams in the past, it usually doesn't end well.
Did the leaders on these teams hold a players only meeting "in the past"? I think our leadership will set up and not let this affect the other players on the team.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: 2 Players Sent Home for Curfew Violation

The panicking over the hotel needs to stop. ESPN has trolled you, and you ate it up. if you think the team hotel is going to make our team forget how to play football, Or that all of a sudden our guys became the 92 Miami Hurricanes, stop it. thank you.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

It's sad that it blew up for no reason. The team only meeting are held every Thursday by the seniors during the regular season... this is nothing new...

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL

A caller on Finebaum reported this around 3 O clock, so I was just waiting for it to become mainstream...or not.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN

It's sad that it blew up for no reason. The team only meeting are held every Thursday by the seniors during the regular season... this is nothing new...
You are correct. ESPN just reported that the team meeting was held before practice on Thursday and that the practices on Thursday and Friday went very well.

As far as the team staying at the Fontainebleau, I don't believe it matters as much as ESPN was trying to insinuate that it does. As I was explaining to my 18 year old, who is a freshman at Bama, these young adults did not value the opportunity that was before them. They probably thought that they could get away with coming in late, so it would not have mattered which hotel the team was staying at. I do remember being 18 and thinking that I could get over on just about everyone. I told him that if I had spent my hard earned money to come see my son participate in what is a once in a lifetime experience for most, only to find out that he had been sent home for breaking the rules, CNS would be the least of his concerns.

I won't jump to the conclusion that this lapse in accountability by 2 players is an indication of the mindset of the team. The way I look at, out of all of the players we have down there, over 80 of them are doing it the right way.

tonyjem71

Aug 19, 2009

Correct me if Im wrong, isnt Ryan Anderson the reason that Chris Black didnt play this year? Didnt he cheap shot Chris on a Special Teams practice drill? If so...this kid may be trouble.

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011

Correct me if Im wrong, isnt Ryan Anderson the reason that Chris Black didnt play this year? Didnt he cheap shot Chris on a Special Teams practice drill? If so...this kid may be trouble.
Practice injuries happen. Some guys have a hard time toning down the violence when they are on a field and in pads. Some wimpy teams don't go as hard as Bama does and it shows on the field.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Just stop. He's a good kid from a good family with good upbringing. But at the moment, he's just that: a kid.

He'll learn from it. Lest we forget that during the early stages of Coach Saban's tenure many of our most beloved players got caught up too (Rolando McClain's motorcycle accident, Rashad Johnson's arrest on the Strip, Courtney Upshaw's domestic abuse arrest). Just try not to get too caught up. These are young men still trying to find their way. They just happen to have the misfortune of trying to mature under the heavy scrutiny of media and a large fan base. They'll get it right.

Last edited:

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Notes from Player only meeting (my guess):

Fluker to team : anyone here cost me a shot at another ring or embarrass the team, being sent home is the least of your worries, you feel me.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I pulled the SI article up on my phone this morning and under the headline "2 Bama players sent home" they had a picture of Nico Johnson. My heart stopped until I read through the article.

I think the worries about lack of focus are a little over blown. That Barrett Jones called a team meeting and DJ Fluker is calling folks out on Twitter is a good thing. It means that the team has leadership and those leaders are working to maintain the championship focus. I would be worried if there were reports of sloppy practices and players getting sent home and there was NO response to it.

I have no doubt that Saban and the team leaders will have Bama focused on the task at hand come Monday.

IBUY

1st Team
Jan 9, 2007
Not a big deal. Apparently they didn't get back to their rooms by the designated time.They broke the rules and were sent home. Message sent and hopefully lesson learned. The process continues.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008

The #1 Football Team in the Nation is staying above that place of false hope and bravado - Which team do you want to be a part of?
You obviously have never been hit on by a Miami chica model...:wink:

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
This didnt happen the night before the game, now that would cause me to worry. This was early on and was handled and may be just what the doctor ordered.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
This didnt happen the night before the game, now that would cause me to worry. This was early on and was handled and may be just what the doctor ordered.
You're probably right, but it is enough to have shifted me from the comfortably optimistic to slightly concerned camp.

I can't help but worry about a 2008 Sugar Bowl repeat. I guess I've still got flashbacks from the Shula years.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.