Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team wishbonesooner's Avatar

Overreacting to a loss

We've all done it. You cuss and get mad. Complain about coaches, play calling, any target will do. I've sat in the same seats in Memorial Stadium for 32 years. Some years I really couldn't afford to keep them. I did, made friends with a family from Pawhuska Okla. that have sat next to us for over 20 years. We send each other's families Christmas cards.
    I called that friend tonight. he's been jokingly after me to sell him my seats for years. His family is bigger than mine, he's always bringing some guests. He now has my seats in Section 17, Row 45, Seats 14 and 15 as long as Bob Stoops is coaching the Sooners. I can handle losing. I cant handle not competing, not having teams ready to play.
    Good Luck my friends on Monday night. I'll be rooting for you.
    ROLL TIDE
    Last edited by SavannahDare; January 5th, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
    I have my standards, admittedly they're low, but I have standards!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar
    My Mood
    Brooding on TideFans.com

Re: Overreacting to a loss

Unfortunately, Stoops is just not Mr. Clutch. Hasn't been for a long time.
    I was at the Big 12 Championship game when all the Sooners had to do to go to the BCSCG was beat KSU.
    KSU wiped the floor with the Sooners, like 34-7.

BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by wishbonesooner View Post
    We've all done it. You cuss and get mad. Complain about coaches, play calling, any target will do. I've sat in the same seats in Memorial Stadium for 32 years. Some years I really couldn't afford to keep them. I did, made friends with a family from Pawhuska Okla. that have sat next to us for over 20 years. We send each other's families Christmas cards.
    I called that friend tonight. he's been jokingly after me to sell him my seats for years. His family is bigger than mine, he's always bringing some guests. He now has my seats in Section 17, Row 45, Seats 14 and 15 as long as Bob Stoops is coaching the Sooners. I can handle losing. I cant handle not competing, not having teams ready to play.
    ROOL TIDE

Thanks for the wishes. I totally understand your frustration and agree bout Stoops. But I have to tell you to not be too disheartened. Manzail is not hype. He's just that frustratingly good.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Overreacting to a loss

They played well in the first half. Just didn't adjust like A&M did.
    RTR!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I feel your pain, so glad for this era we are in...thanks for the good wishes. Big game Bob is surely living up to his nickname tonight. Johnny Football continues to amaze...

If this was the first game we had just not shown up, it would be OK. It isn't, and we've beaten no one as good or better than us in years.

Quote Originally Posted by wishbonesooner View Post
    ROOL TIDE
    Don't give em up yet. If anything, keep them in your name and let the other family pay the ticket/club package fees with full use rights on a year to year basis. Wasn't that long ago when we were mired in frustration and embarrassment. It will get better . . . OU has too much to offer.

I've always liked OU and I know what you must be feeling. It's not been that long that we were there. Manziel is a once in a lifetime player, not just once in a decade...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Wishbone,

I think you ARE overreacting a bit. No shame in losing to this team and Manziel. This kid is something special and may very well go on to join Archie Griffin as the only multiple heisman winners. Bob just needs to get back to what got him where he is--coaching and focusing more on DEFENSE. He does that then you guys will be fine. As far as TAMU and johnny football go, heck, at least you don't have to play him the next 3 yrs like we do...
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

How's that work? Will you be able to get your tickets back in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by JIB View Post
    How's that work? Will you be able to get your tickets back in the future?
    You never give them up as far as the University is concerned.

They'll still be in my name. I'll just call my friend when they come in and sell them at face value. No, I don't want to deal with that waiting list.

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

no one believed us when we (the SEC) said this kid is good. well , this kid is good. BOL next year, as I hope you will be back before the season starts wishing us well as always.
    Last edited by bamaga; January 5th, 2013 at 01:09 AM.
    to 16 and beyond........