Coach Saban Sat morning presser on ESPNU right now

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
For those of us who missed it, anything of note said?
Nothing really ground breaking from the bits I saw. Several questions about if he wanted to go to the NFL of course. He handled those well. Was asked about sending player home. Said he hoped it was used as a learning opportunity.

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Thought it was the best press conference I have seen CS have. He spoke of motives behind everything he did, and especially emphasized that he was happy where he was at. Coach Hawkins on EspnU said he took three pages of notes in the first few minutes; that every coach should pattern themselves this way.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
It was the Best most relaxed I have ever seen him. They tried to push his button with the NFL stuff & he got tired of that. He talked in great length about having to send the players home. Said he went to the team leadership for advise, & it was harder on him than anything, he does not want to do anything to hurt a kid & these were good kids. They just did not respect the consequence of their actions compare it to drunk driving, in detail.

He spoke about the team leaders a lot that lots of guys stepped up with all the injuries this year, how proud he was of those who took advantage of the opportunities.

Spoke a lot about family & how happy they were, how he wanted to be a better person
, husband, father.

Someone tried to say he would be bigger than CPB he shut that down quick, he said no coach he knew should be even mentioned in comparison with CPB. Showed a lot of respect.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
It was a loooong press conference. Spoke a lot about preparing the team to stay focused on the here and now, the process, player/person development, much respect for the traditions of both programs. He said many nice things about ND's offense and defensive front seven. Handled himself humbly and sincerely when compared to CPB and again explained his satisfaction and happiness at being at Alabama. Answered questions about disciplining players and compared it to parenting. Spoke well of several specific players he was asked about (Jesse, Lacy, TJ, CJ, Barrett, etc. Spoke about his focus on trying to be a good person himself and influencing the players to do the same, to be leaders and adjust their roles as they mature in the program.

There was just a lot. He was relaxed, smiled at points, never got rattled or short. Totally in command of himself and his audience. I'm so proud he's our coach!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.