Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Matthew Thomas

Seeing Thomas' video and his play in all star games I really want this guy. I have made similar comments as BamafaninOhio regarding the no huddle and he is perfect for this. Similar in size as CJ coming out of HS and I can assure you Cochran will put some muscle weight on him. I am in the minority but I think this guy is a take.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American 230kv_barehand's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

TiderJ I'm with you, I'd love to have him but I think he goes elsewhere.

BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Ice Harris his HC is not a fan anymore of Miami after today. Ice helps a lot of kids out of Miami, not just at his HC. From everything I have read he was the main force helping UA land Cooper last year.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiam...#storylink=cpy
    "Charlie Don't Surf"

UGA is pulling out all of the stops with Matthew Thomas tomorrow. They have an inhome in the morning and then he is coming up for his visit. Yeah we are a looooong shot, but you never know til you get a guy on campus. I don't see him leaving Florida, but who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgsfan1973 View Post
    UGA is pulling out all of the stops with Matthew Thomas tomorrow. They have an inhome in the morning and then he is coming up for his visit. Yeah we are a looooong shot, but you never know til you get a guy on campus. I don't see him leaving Florida, but who knows.
    CNS did not make it in for his in-home the other day, so he'll probably go to Miami or FSU. There were some rumors that UGA was going to cancel his official.

Sizable loss. . .if we were after him. However, we just about have "our fish in the boat," I think!! They (the coaches) know by now, probably without exception, who will sign the form NSD and some who perhaps are questionable!! And as some have said, there probably will be one or possibly two "surprises." (The shakeup at the U with the Kirkland kid could have significant ramifications for now and the future if Golden doesn't get that straightened out). The dawgs or Fla. State could benefit!! (Maybe even us!!)

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

‏@KippLAdams
    As projected last night, 5-star LB Matthew Thomas will not take his official to #UGA. http://es.pn/WVR3EH
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption22 View Post
    CNS did not make it in for his in-home the other day, so he'll probably go to Miami or FSU. There were some rumors that UGA was going to cancel his official.
    yep.. he told amy campbell he was 'tired of it all'. sounds like it's fsu for him especially with what happened to his friend kirkland at miami.

I think the staff believes that Thomas is a fine player, but in truth we haven't pushed him hard for a commitment. He's a poor scheme fit, and we just have a hard time seeing how he would consistently make his way onto the field in Tuscaloosa. If we ran a traditional 4-3, we would be all over this kid, but that is just not the case.

For the most part, I think we have pursued him mainly to keep up looks and stay in good standing in the community down that way.

Quote Originally Posted by BigEasyTider View Post
    I think the staff believes that Thomas is a fine player, but in truth we haven't pushed him hard for a commitment. He's a poor scheme fit, and we just have a hard time seeing how he would consistently make his way onto the field in Tuscaloosa. If we ran a traditional 4-3, we would be all over this kid, but that is just not the case.

For the most part, I think we have pursued him mainly to keep up looks and stay in good standing in the community down that way.

I think CNS gave him the same message he gave Liner . They will both be in Crimson Wed . rtr...