LB Matthew Thomas Updates

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: Matthew Thomas

Why don't you think he is a take BET. Hunch or insider stuff?
We're probably stacked with top end talent higher on our board at need positions that we are trying to squeeze into a limited number of slots as it is IMO.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

I think some people are just players and have good football brains such as C. J. Mosley. I see Matthew this way. If he is of good character I think he will be a valuable player for us. I know we can put some weight on him if that's the issue.:BigA::BigA::BigA:

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Why don't you think he is a take BET. Hunch or insider stuff?
Aside from the fact that he would not be a particularly good scheme fit, I just don't see us having room for him right now. Perhaps if we whiff on a few guys down the stretch we will add him, but for now I just don't see it.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

So Thomas is still in play given the visit by Coach Saban which also means we may have more spaces available that expected...

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Aside from the fact that he would not be a particularly good scheme fit, I just don't see us having room for him right now. Perhaps if we whiff on a few guys down the stretch we will add him, but for now I just don't see it.
A 5-Star 6'3", 205 LB linebacker with speed doesn't fit into our scheme? I think he would fit very well given that Saban seems to be making an effort to get more speed at the LB position to counter the HUND offenses coming into the SEC

peariver

1st Team
Jan 31, 2009
SW Georgia

I agree Ohio but am reading into this visit that he has become a higher priority in the past couple days or just maybe our coach is ready to put this class to rest before NSD and looking for those who are ready to jump on board.

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL

I agree Ohio but am reading into this visit that he has become a higher priority in the past couple days or just maybe our coach is ready to put this class to rest before NSD and looking for those who are ready to jump on board.
I think Coach Saban deserves a long weekend at the lake after NSD !

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

A 5-Star 6'3", 205 LB linebacker with speed doesn't fit into our scheme? I think he would fit very well given that Saban seems to be making an effort to get more speed at the LB position to counter the HUND offenses coming into the SEC
There is a lot more to fitting CNS's scheme than that. But no he doesn't at the moment. If CNS think's he can grow into the system he may take him but ultimately that is why so many were ahead of Matt Thomas on the board. Including Tim Williams. Just because a recruiting service ranked Thomas as a 5-star doesn't mean CNS does.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Seeing Thomas' video and his play in all star games I really want this guy. I have made similar comments as BamafaninOhio regarding the no huddle and he is perfect for this. Similar in size as CJ coming out of HS and I can assure you Cochran will put some muscle weight on him. I am in the minority but I think this guy is a take.

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012

UGA is pulling out all of the stops with Matthew Thomas tomorrow. They have an inhome in the morning and then he is coming up for his visit. Yeah we are a looooong shot, but you never know til you get a guy on campus. I don't see him leaving Florida, but who knows.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

UGA is pulling out all of the stops with Matthew Thomas tomorrow. They have an inhome in the morning and then he is coming up for his visit. Yeah we are a looooong shot, but you never know til you get a guy on campus. I don't see him leaving Florida, but who knows.
CNS did not make it in for his in-home the other day, so he'll probably go to Miami or FSU. There were some rumors that UGA was going to cancel his official.

armstjo1

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2010

Sizable loss. . .if we were after him. However, we just about have "our fish in the boat," I think!! They (the coaches) know by now, probably without exception, who will sign the form NSD and some who perhaps are questionable!! And as some have said, there probably will be one or possibly two "surprises." (The shakeup at the U with the Kirkland kid could have significant ramifications for now and the future if Golden doesn't get that straightened out). The dawgs or Fla. State could benefit!! (Maybe even us!!)

dawgsfan1973

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 20, 2012

CNS did not make it in for his in-home the other day, so he'll probably go to Miami or FSU. There were some rumors that UGA was going to cancel his official.
yep.. he told amy campbell he was 'tired of it all'. sounds like it's fsu for him especially with what happened to his friend kirkland at miami.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.