LB Matthew Thomas Updates

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City
Anyone know our chances with him these days? Needs a little bulking up but plays tough and has things you can't teach somewhat like C.J. Mosely. A good football brain.:BigA::BigA::BigA:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: Matthew Thomas

Anyone know our chances with him these days? Needs a little bulking up but plays tough and has things you can't teach somewhat like C.J. Mosely. A good football brain.:BigA::BigA::BigA:
He likes us a lot but his mom does not want him to leave the state so I am not real high on our chances. I think your comparison to CJ is good and I think with these new fast paced offenses he would be perfect but.......

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010

A billboard has been rented across from his high school recently with the Crimson Tide plastered on it.......do you think we are interested in Thomas!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

He looked really instinctive in the UA game. Would love to have him. UF has a loaded class now. If Matthew goes there, it will get even tougher. Hope his mom will come around.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

First thing that jumps out at me is that he's TALL (by LB standards). He's 6'4". And on the videos I watched, he's a little light (210 lb), which means that he can probably pack on 30 more pounds. He has a slow deliberate stride, but he covers a lot of ground in no time. The thing that I think he'll have the most trouble with is playing/staying low. That can always be an issue with taller players. In most of his tackles that I saw, he's doing everything he can to get low, but because he's so much taller than the other players, his tackles normally turn into wrestling matches (as opposed to Reuben Foster's tape where the ballcarrier stops dead in his tracks as soon as he makes contact).

I like Thomas. More than anything, I like his range, and I think he can be a valuable piece to this signing class.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

Most have forgotten we were the early leader. Mom is key. Some have saud he needs, like Cooper did, to get out of Miami

Tide Warrior

All-American
Jun 7, 2009
Asheville, NC-Chapel Hill, NC

Most have forgotten we were the early leader. Mom is key. Some have saud he needs, like Cooper did, to get out of Miami
There is a HS coach in the area that goes by the name Ice and he is trying to get Thomas to UA and out of Miami. Ice helped us with Cooper last year. He knows if these kids stay around Miami it probably will not turn out well and wants to get as many as far away as possible.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC

There is a HS coach in the area that goes by the name Ice and he is trying to get Thomas to UA and out of Miami. Ice helped us with Cooper last year. He knows if these kids stay around Miami it probably will not turn out well and wants to get as many as far away as possible.
Reminds me of Arrested Development.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL

I know his height could be an issue in certain situations but this is the type of LB that UA is looking for to help against the TAMUs of the world. Fast and covers good ground. He would be an amazing addition to this class but not too confident atm.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012

Mosley coming out of high school was 6'2 212. Now he's one of the more dominant tacklers on the team.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Looking at his offer list it seems a lot of big time programs aren't worried about his measurables.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning

Looking at his offer list it seems a lot of big time programs aren't worried about his measurables.
It's the system we run. He doesn't have the mass for our system right now. That being said I hope we get him. I think he can be put on the mass and be a solid LB for us.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.