Game Thread: BBVA Compass Bowl: Ole Miss vs. Pitt

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Drove by Legion Field a couple of years ago, first I was surprised that it was in a neighborhood full of old houses and it doesn't look that same without the upper deck.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Drove by Legion Field a couple of years ago, first I was surprised that it was in a neighborhood full of old houses and it doesn't look that same without the upper deck.
You've never been to game at the Old Gray Lady? For shame! Used to be an excellent venue to watch a game (ignoring the surrounding community).

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
True, forgot about the two ND players with the same number.
ND lost that game twice, but were saved by incompetence. 1st time - bogus PI call that kept a drive alive late in the 4th on 4th down - without that call, game over. Pitt kneels on the ball and runs out the clock. 2nd time - the missed chip shot FG in OT.

On a positive note - this "win" provided Alabama with ND as your opponent on Monday.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
You've never been to game at the Old Gray Lady? For shame! Used to be an excellent venue to watch a game (ignoring the surrounding community).
Well Alabama hasn't played at Legion Field since 2003, and I'm still trying go the Magic City Classic. I heard some homeowners across the stadium charge to park on their property.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Well Alabama hasn't played at Legion Field since 2003, and I'm still trying go the Magic City Classic. I heard some homeowners across the stadium charge to park on their property.
The stadium design puts the seats much closer to the field than BDS, which makes even the low seats excellent. When Bama played there, I had season tickets on Row 15 around the 20 yard line. Excellent seats -- all of the action up close and personal.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.