Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: The Notre Dame Defense!

Go back and watch the ND/Pitt game. It might help to calm your nerves. If that doesn't help then try some Xanax.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm not worried about the team not being hungry enough. As the game gets closer, my stomach is already in a knot just like it has been every time the Tide plays in a NC game. I'm sure the players are ready to go. I may be mistaken, but I believe the team is healthier than they've been since early in the season.

I feel more confident after watching OU and Pitt play. I watched ND play both those teams. ND was better than OU and deserved to win that game, but they were so flat against Pitt. I can't imagine how badly Bama would beat Pitt on their (Bama's) worst day.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

The Notre Dame Defense!

When did ND play Pitt? Was it after an emotional game like us playing the Aggies after LSU.
    RTR!

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    When did ND play Pitt? Was it after an emotional game like us playing the Aggies after LSU.
    Yep, ND played Pitt the week after OU.

A lot of people seem to discount where an opponent falls on a schedule. I'd expect ND to beat Pitt handily if they played again, but if they'd have played Stanford the week after OU, that's a loss.
    Last edited by Go Bama; January 5th, 2013 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    Yep, ND played Pitt the week after Pitt.

A lot of people seem to discount where an opponent falls on a schedule. I'd expect ND to beat Pitt handily if they played again, but if they'd have played Stanford the week after OU, that's a loss.
    Pitt was after OU...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

I think ND is really overated.... I keep hearing that they didn't really start coming together until the last few games, but honestly, they played teams that didn't come to play... If ND had to play those teams again I know they'll come out of that with two loss. They have not faced a real good team like Alabama all year long, so THey have no idea what they are getting into. Even Texas A and M said that it was one of the toughest game they played all year round...
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

Overrated, underrated, rated just right. None of it will matter come Monday night. On paper, we're a better team. But all they do is have to prove that they can be better than us for one game. I am, however, of the opinion (conviction even) that that won't happen.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Yep, ND really came together in the last game against that mighty USC winning with one TD and five field goals against a team
    that finishes 7-6 after losing to GT 21-7.

heard this earlier this evening. i think we win big. i always think we win big.

im ready for kickoff already

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think some of the nervous jitters are from so much media hype about how good they are whether it true or not, you start to believe they are a brick wall up front. I have watched a lot of their games this year and yes, their front 7 a very good but not impenetrable. The DB's seem to be the weak link and if their safeties pull up too close, they'll be looking at the back pocket of AC. The thought of Lou "spitter" Holtz admitting ND got beat by Bama does make me smile and relax.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Notre Dame Defense!

They beat BC 21-6. Now I know they won, but BC was horrible this year and just 21-6?
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation First Team 12ROLL12TIDE12's Avatar

I just get nervous thinking about how perfectly everything is set up. Halfway through the season, I was almost cheering for Notre Dame (GASP) because I thought they were by far the worst team we could play for a national championship. I was watching the 30-for-30 on "The U" the other day where they highlighted the 1987 Fiesta Bowl for the NCS. Miami outgained PSU 445 - 162, but had SEVEN TURNOVERS and lost 14 - 10. I honestly believe the only way BAMA loses this game is if we have a nightmare type game with injuries, turnovers, etc... I am REALLY trying to just enjoy the moment since I am pretty sure I have no impact on this game. I want this one so bad though as it has been a long time coming.
    "He (Saban) brings me the Bentleys. I just put rims on them." - Scott Cochran

their D is a bit more talented than the MSU team we played couple years ago, but depth of the team is not quite there yet. As long as we take care of business and not make as many mistakes as we made during the SECCG, I'm not worried about their defense. Media is making them look a lot better than they actually are.