Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

Today, Nick Perry was asked about Theo Riddick's comments about the Alabama secondary.

For those that have not read or heard Riddick's comments...

Asked what could be gained by Notre Dame from its review of Alabama's loss to Texas A&M, Riddick said: "That we can take advantage of their secondary."
    Nick's comments from today:

"Weíre in the spot (playing for a national championship) we want to be in, so apparently we couldnít have played that bad," he said. "It's kind of hard when people point out the secondary as the weak link, but we had the No. 1 (total) defense in the nation. Thatís a compliment to our program. If thatís our weak point, so be it. If next year we get the same opportunity to play for the national championship and the secondary is the weak link, Iíll be happy with it.Ē
    Milliner's comments from Friday:

Shortly after, UA cornerback Dee Milliner had this to say in response: "They say we're the weak link? Hopefully, they'll take some chances and throw the ball out there and we can make some plays on the ball."

Milliner went on to call it extra motivation.

"I'm glad they would say something like that. It makes you want to play even more and go out there and make plays, our secondary also. We know that because we've been hearing it all season -- we're the group that can be exploited," Milliner added. "Since they think we're the weak links of the team, hopefully they'll try to exploit us and we'll make plays to change their mind."
    Lester also commented about it:

In typical fashion, fifth-year senior safety Robert Lester brushed Riddick's remark aside.

"We're just going to go into this game and do what we do best. That's go and play Alabama football," Lester said. "You know, execute the game plan and cover the receivers. That's out job and that's what we plan on doing."
    Glad to see our guys give a classy, organization-based response. None of the three gave a response that can be used as real bulletin board material.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

Exactly what I like to hear. Well coached players know what to say.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

Probably didn't even need to respond honestly.

BamaNation All-American BamaFlum's Avatar
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

Excellent class.
    RTR!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Probably didn't even need to respond honestly.
    I agree. Riddick's comments were ridiculous in the first place. From reading tweets from the ND offense's media session yesterday, one can come away with an easy impression "ND has a chip on its shoulder." ND of all schools should never have a chip on its shoulder.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

(In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    I agree. Riddick's comments were ridiculous in the first place. From reading tweets from the ND offense's media session yesterday, one can come away with an easy impression "ND has a chip on its shoulder." ND of all schools should never have a chip on its shoulder.

All due respect ND should have a chip on their shoulder all they have heard is: "ND would MAYBE be the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC" "They have never faced a team like Alabama"

Kind of like all the GARBAGE the 92 Alabama team heard before they played the "unbeatable" Hurricanes.

You remember how that game turned out?

BamaNation Scout Team

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2 View Post
    All due respect ND should have a chip on their shoulder all they have heard is: "ND would MAYBE be the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC" "They have never faced a team like Alabama"

Kind of like all the GARBAGE the 92 Alabama team heard before they played the "unbeatable" Hurricanes.

Good thing we've already proven we're not unbeatable this year. I think our guys have just as much to prove. They'll be ready.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You honestly cannot say that ND does not get respect every season. Especially with the mouthpiece known as Lou Holtz.
    Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yep. Technically we're the underdogs being ranked 2nd.

BamaNation Second Team

You honestly cannot say that ND does not get respect every season. Especially with the mouthpiece known as Lou Holtz.

Holtz? He's a JOKE IMO. Him and Corso BOTH need to retire. The ONLY college analyst who is worth ANYTHING is Bruce Feldman.

BamaNation First Team RollinTider1335's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Holtz? He's a JOKE IMO. Him and Corso BOTH need to retire. The ONLY college analyst who is worth ANYTHING is Bruce Feldman.
    I grown to like Mark May. He seems pretty impartial.

BamaNation Second Team mhiggy45's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

please come back and join us on tuesday for some post game commentary, you wil be invited

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by mhiggy45 View Post
    please come back and join us on tuesday for some post game commentary, you wil be invited

I will be back win or lose, you can count on it.