Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American NationalTitles15's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick2 View Post
    All due respect ND should have a chip on their shoulder all they have heard is: "ND would MAYBE be the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC" "They have never faced a team like Alabama"

Kind of like all the GARBAGE the 92 Alabama team heard before they played the "unbeatable" Hurricanes.

You remember how that game turned out?
    The difference then was that the media and the Miami team were saying all of those things. This is an Alabama message board, for God's sake. It's not like Amari Cooper and Jesse Williams are spouting of at the mouth. It's not like all the talking heads are giving ND no chance to win the game. Just fans on a fan board who not surprisingly are proud of and confident in their team. Get over it, already.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

They could maybe take advqntage of our secondary if they had Johnny Football at QB,

But they don't.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation First Team CrimsonTheory's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Nerdy on TideFans.com

One thing for sure is that Theo should not have poked the bear. But I am proud that even they didn't have to respond, they did it with class. Besides Theo shouldn't write checks, his WR teammates can't cash.
    the former CrimsonBleedRed.

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles14 View Post
    The difference then was that the media and the Miami team were saying all of those things. This is an Alabama message board, for God's sake. It's not like Amari Cooper and Jesse Williams are spouting of at the mouth. It's not like all the talking heads are giving ND no chance to win the game. Just fans on a fan board who not surprisingly are proud of and confident in their team. Get over it, already.

Message boards are you kidding? Let me enlighten you: Herbstreit ESPN's #1 College FB analyst "For ND to have a CHANCE in this game, Everet Golson is going to have to make plays and and play the BEST game of his life."

I can site a WHOLE bunch more in the media too. Does not bother me because they have been wrong ALL YEAR about ND and they will all be wrong again.

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Message boards are you kidding? Let me enlighten you: Herbstreit ESPN's #1 College FB analyst "For ND to have a CHANCE in this game, Everet Golson is going to have to make plays and and play the BEST game of his life."

I can site a WHOLE bunch more in the media too. Does not bother me because they have been wrong ALL YEAR about ND and they will all be wrong again.
    What Herbie said is true though...that's the difference. If Golson is average, ND will get blown out. Even when some QB's played the best games of their career (Zach Mettenberger), their teams walked away with a loss. An average performance by Golson will mean ND score 10 points, and gets beat by three TD's... If you don't believe it, you've spent too much time starring into the glare of the ND helmets

BamaNation Second Team mhiggy45's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I will be back win or lose, you can count on it.
    you have to know that you guys have earned some payback over the years...('66,73,74,77) karma and the college football universe knows that your (luck of the irish) time is up. not trying to be all 'smacky' but it's time this one goes our way. we have never cost u guys a natty championship....ya'll have cost us more than a few. I will eat crow if we lose.....I just have a good feeling about this one......hope to chat with u on tuesday.

Post Thanks / Like

People hear the news that reinforces their own beliefs.
    Playing the victim card does not work very well in this forum.

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

You hear what you want to hear. I have watched a huge amount of coverage for this game and I have heard as many pick ND as have picked Alabama. Hard to call that "disrespect" from the media.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Thank you for the enlightening commentary. The comment you quoted is probably true, whether Dome fans like it or not. Were you even around in '92?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

...and to add to what I said above. Riddick is correct. The Bama secondary is the defensive "weak link". The problem is, our "weak link" is better then 90% of teams "strong links".

The closer to this game I get, the more aggravated I become with the disillusionment that some people have. I don;t care how many ND fans want to tout their schedule, they have ONE... I REPEAT... ONE signature win, and that is Stanford. That's it...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce014 View Post
    People hear the news that reinforces their own beliefs.
    Playing the victim card does not work very well in this forum.
    Especially when your team just this year has gotten 2 calls to help win 2 games, one against a team that will have a losing record by 4:30 PM Central Time today. That's not to mention the long history of similar events occurring in your favor. Cry me a river,for Pete's sake.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

One thing I've notice again, CNS is calm and cool. Bad things happen to other teams when he is like this.
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

Wrong thread
    ROLL TIDE!