Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
QB's in the SEC better than Golson:

AJ McCarron
Aaron Murray
Connor Shaw
Johnny Manziel
Tyler Bray (3600+ yds, 30+ td's)
Bo Wallace (2800 yds 19 td's)
Tyler Wilson
Jordan Rogers
Tyler Russell

All had more yards, more TD's, a higher completion %, and a better efficiency rating... The best QB comparison he has int he SEC is Jeff Driskel...not Manziel

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

AJ McCarron
Aaron Murray
Connor Shaw
Johnny Manziel
Tyler Wilson
Jordan Rogers
Tyler Russell

All had more yards, more TD's, a higher completion %, and a better efficiency rating... The best QB comparison he has int he SEC is Jeff Driskel...not Manziel
The reply coming back from the Domers is "But he can run." After watching JM yesterday, though, the comparisons of Golson with Manziel seem to have sunk to the bottom of their boards, to be replaced by expressions of wonder. You know that they're wondering how they would have come out against him...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
The reply coming back from the Domers is "But he can run." After watching JM yesterday, though, the comparisons of Golson with Manziel seem to have sunk to the bottom of their boards, to be replaced by expressions of wonder. You know that they're wondering how they would have come out against him...
It wouldn't have been pretty...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Do you mean the Mett who played us or the real one?
I think the performance he had against us is about the best he could do. They had a well planned game for us. The kind you'd expect with a bye week and an off-season of stinging wounds. I think the Mett from the last few weeks is about equal to Golson.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Message boards are you kidding? Let me enlighten you: Herbstreit ESPN's #1 College FB analyst "For ND to have a CHANCE in this game, Everet Golson is going to have to make plays and and play the BEST game of his life."

I can site a WHOLE bunch more in the media too. Does not bother me because they have been wrong ALL YEAR about ND and they will all be wrong again.
Not just Herbstreit but almost every analyst out there (Palmer - who hates Bama, Pollack, Howard, and just about all the rest)...and IMO it's 100% accurate. Golson doesn't play the best game of his life ND has zero chance of winning. ND defense will NOT stop Bama's offense; no one has, except Bama. If Bama loses the turnover battle, they probably won't win. I don't see that happening.

And if you want credibility on here, it's "cite", not "site".

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think throwing is the best plan for an offense, as our run defense is better than pass coverage so far. I don't think Golson is as good as Murray or Manziel. I don;t know how to judge Mett because LSU's playcalling that night was excellent as opposed to the hot mess they typically serve up.
"weak" is based on what here? Passing is easier than running the ball vs Bama? compaired to other teams secondary the opponent has faced? A National comparison of teams secondary statistics? Perception?

Weak is a subjective and broad word here.

centerstar

2nd Team
Nov 4, 2011
Bo Wallace can run but he doesn't look good doing it.

On LSU, seems to me we got the best coaching job Les has done since he's been in Baton Rouge. It's pretty obvious he realized at the BCSNCG that he couldn't show up with talent and wait for his defense or special teams to make a big play and win them all. He just didn't think he'd need to work that hard against Clemson.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

AJ McCarron
Aaron Murray
Connor Shaw
Johnny Manziel
Tyler Wilson
Jordan Rogers
Tyler Russell

you left out kheil frazier ;)

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
you have to know that you guys have earned some payback over the years...('66,73,74,77) karma and the college football universe knows that your (luck of the irish) time is up. not trying to be all 'smacky' but it's time this one goes our way. we have never cost u guys a natty championship....ya'll have cost us more than a few. I will eat crow if we lose.....I just have a good feeling about this one......hope to chat with u on tuesday.
I like my crow fried but don't think we'll be eating any on Tues.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.