Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 53 to 65 of 73
  1. #53
    BamaNation Second Team centerstar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    67
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Our secondary, outside of Milliner, is the weak link. Most Bama fans I know agree with this assessment. I thought the coverage improved as Geno Smith developed a larger role late in the season, but the better QBs we faced late made some plays and picked up some yards on us. Our DBs are still pretty good, but truthfully we faced mostly sub-par QBs this year.
    Questions on this one: Is Golson one of the better QBs we've faced? I say no.

  2. Advertisement
  3. #54
    BamaNation All-SEC mulletover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Cullman Alabama
    Posts
    1,197
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Our secondary, outside of Milliner, is the weak link. Most Bama fans I know agree with this assessment. I thought the coverage improved as Geno Smith developed a larger role late in the season, but the better QBs we faced late made some plays and picked up some yards on us. Our DBs are still pretty good, but truthfully we faced mostly sub-par QBs this year.
    "weak" is based on what here? Passing is easier than running the ball vs Bama? compaired to other teams secondary the opponent has faced? A National comparison of teams secondary statistics? Perception?

    Weak is a subjective and broad word here.
    15 and counting

  4. #55
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    I'd say Golson is worse than Manziel and Murray but better than Mettenburger and Bray.

  5. #56
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Posts
    304
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

    Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

    This little leprechaun fans are getting really annoying. I haven't seen one here in Miami that was over 5'8".

  6. #57
    Suspended
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    5,686
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I'd say Golson is worse than Manziel and Murray but better than Mettenburger and Bray.
    Golson is no where near as good as Mettenburger on the night we faced him!

  7. #58
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    42,968
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I'd say Golson is worse than Manziel and Murray but better than Mettenburger and Bray.
    Do you mean the Mett who played us or the real one?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

  8. #59
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    8,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide13 View Post
    This little leprechaun fans are getting really annoying. I haven't seen one here in Miami that was over 5'8".
    Too funny...or maybe it's the alcohol.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

    “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

    “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

  9. #60
    BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Trussville, AL, USA
    Posts
    6,743
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Do you mean the Mett who played us or the real one?
    I think that someone dropped some Scooby Snacks into Mett's Fruity Pebbles that morning.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

    "Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

  10. #61
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    8,418
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    I think that someone dropped some Scooby Snacks into Mett's Fruity Pebbles that morning.
    My wife says it's because he had shaved off that cheesy-you-know-what mustache.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

    “Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

    “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

  11. #62
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sylacauga, AL
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    QB's in the SEC better than Golson:

    AJ McCarron
    Aaron Murray
    Connor Shaw
    Johnny Manziel
    Tyler Bray (3600+ yds, 30+ td's)
    Bo Wallace (2800 yds 19 td's)
    Tyler Wilson
    Jordan Rogers
    Tyler Russell


    All had more yards, more TD's, a higher completion %, and a better efficiency rating... The best QB comparison he has int he SEC is Jeff Driskel...not Manziel

  12. #63
    Senior Administrator TIDE-HSV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    Huntsville, AL,USA
    Posts
    42,968
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    QB's in the SEC better than Golson:

    AJ McCarron
    Aaron Murray
    Connor Shaw
    Johnny Manziel
    Tyler Bray (3600+ yds, 30+ td's)
    Bo Wallace (2800 yds 19 td's)
    Tyler Wilson
    Jordan Rogers
    Tyler Russell


    All had more yards, more TD's, a higher completion %, and a better efficiency rating... The best QB comparison he has int he SEC is Jeff Driskel...not Manziel
    The reply coming back from the Domers is "But he can run." After watching JM yesterday, though, the comparisons of Golson with Manziel seem to have sunk to the bottom of their boards, to be replaced by expressions of wonder. You know that they're wondering how they would have come out against him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

    'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

    “I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

  13. #64
    BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Sylacauga, AL
    Posts
    2,398
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    The reply coming back from the Domers is "But he can run." After watching JM yesterday, though, the comparisons of Golson with Manziel seem to have sunk to the bottom of their boards, to be replaced by expressions of wonder. You know that they're wondering how they would have come out against him...
    It wouldn't have been pretty...

  14. #65
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Birmingham
    Posts
    7,591
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

    Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Do you mean the Mett who played us or the real one?
    I think the performance he had against us is about the best he could do. They had a well planned game for us. The kind you'd expect with a bye week and an off-season of stinging wounds. I think the Mett from the last few weeks is about equal to Golson.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!