Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team centerstar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Our secondary, outside of Milliner, is the weak link. Most Bama fans I know agree with this assessment. I thought the coverage improved as Geno Smith developed a larger role late in the season, but the better QBs we faced late made some plays and picked up some yards on us. Our DBs are still pretty good, but truthfully we faced mostly sub-par QBs this year.
    Questions on this one: Is Golson one of the better QBs we've faced? I say no.

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Seconda

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Our secondary, outside of Milliner, is the weak link. Most Bama fans I know agree with this assessment. I thought the coverage improved as Geno Smith developed a larger role late in the season, but the better QBs we faced late made some plays and picked up some yards on us. Our DBs are still pretty good, but truthfully we faced mostly sub-par QBs this year.
    "weak" is based on what here? Passing is easier than running the ball vs Bama? compaired to other teams secondary the opponent has faced? A National comparison of teams secondary statistics? Perception?

Weak is a subjective and broad word here.
    15 and counting

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'd say Golson is worse than Manziel and Murray but better than Mettenburger and Bray.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

This little leprechaun fans are getting really annoying. I haven't seen one here in Miami that was over 5'8".

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    I'd say Golson is worse than Manziel and Murray but better than Mettenburger and Bray.
    Golson is no where near as good as Mettenburger on the night we faced him!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    Do you mean the Mett who played us or the real one?
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTide13 View Post
    This little leprechaun fans are getting really annoying. I haven't seen one here in Miami that was over 5'8".
    Too funny...or maybe it's the alcohol.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Volatile on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think that someone dropped some Scooby Snacks into Mett's Fruity Pebbles that morning.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    I think that someone dropped some Scooby Snacks into Mett's Fruity Pebbles that morning.
    My wife says it's because he had shaved off that cheesy-you-know-what mustache.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

QB's in the SEC better than Golson:

AJ McCarron
    Aaron Murray
    Connor Shaw
    Johnny Manziel
    Tyler Bray (3600+ yds, 30+ td's)
    Bo Wallace (2800 yds 19 td's)
    Tyler Wilson
    Jordan Rogers
    Tyler Russell

All had more yards, more TD's, a higher completion %, and a better efficiency rating... The best QB comparison he has int he SEC is Jeff Driskel...not Manziel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0424 View Post
    QB's in the SEC better than Golson:

AJ McCarron
    Aaron Murray
    Connor Shaw
    Johnny Manziel
    Tyler Bray (3600+ yds, 30+ td's)
    Bo Wallace (2800 yds 19 td's)
    Tyler Wilson
    Jordan Rogers
    Tyler Russell

All had more yards, more TD's, a higher completion %, and a better efficiency rating... The best QB comparison he has int he SEC is Jeff Driskel...not Manziel
    The reply coming back from the Domers is "But he can run." After watching JM yesterday, though, the comparisons of Golson with Manziel seem to have sunk to the bottom of their boards, to be replaced by expressions of wonder. You know that they're wondering how they would have come out against him...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American Matt0424's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

The reply coming back from the Domers is "But he can run." After watching JM yesterday, though, the comparisons of Golson with Manziel seem to have sunk to the bottom of their boards, to be replaced by expressions of wonder. You know that they're wondering how they would have come out against him...
    It wouldn't have been pretty...

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think the performance he had against us is about the best he could do. They had a well planned game for us. The kind you'd expect with a bye week and an off-season of stinging wounds. I think the Mett from the last few weeks is about equal to Golson.