Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Today, Nick Perry was asked about Theo Riddick's comments about the Alabama secondary.

For those that have not read or heard Riddick's comments...

Asked what could be gained by Notre Dame from its review of Alabama's loss to Texas A&M, Riddick said: "That we can take advantage of their secondary."
Nick's comments from today:

"We’re in the spot (playing for a national championship) we want to be in, so apparently we couldn’t have played that bad," he said. "It's kind of hard when people point out the secondary as the weak link, but we had the No. 1 (total) defense in the nation. That’s a compliment to our program. If that’s our weak point, so be it. If next year we get the same opportunity to play for the national championship and the secondary is the weak link, I’ll be happy with it.”
Milliner's comments from Friday:

Shortly after, UA cornerback Dee Milliner had this to say in response: "They say we're the weak link? Hopefully, they'll take some chances and throw the ball out there and we can make some plays on the ball."

Milliner went on to call it extra motivation.

"I'm glad they would say something like that. It makes you want to play even more and go out there and make plays, our secondary also. We know that because we've been hearing it all season -- we're the group that can be exploited," Milliner added. "Since they think we're the weak links of the team, hopefully they'll try to exploit us and we'll make plays to change their mind."
Lester also commented about it:

In typical fashion, fifth-year senior safety Robert Lester brushed Riddick's remark aside.

"We're just going to go into this game and do what we do best. That's go and play Alabama football," Lester said. "You know, execute the game plan and cover the receivers. That's out job and that's what we plan on doing."
Glad to see our guys give a classy, organization-based response. None of the three gave a response that can be used as real bulletin board material.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Probably didn't even need to respond honestly.
I agree. Riddick's comments were ridiculous in the first place. From reading tweets from the ND offense's media session yesterday, one can come away with an easy impression "ND has a chip on its shoulder." ND of all schools should never have a chip on its shoulder.

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
I agree. Riddick's comments were ridiculous in the first place. From reading tweets from the ND offense's media session yesterday, one can come away with an easy impression "ND has a chip on its shoulder." ND of all schools should never have a chip on its shoulder.

All due respect ND should have a chip on their shoulder all they have heard is: "ND would MAYBE be the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC" "They have never faced a team like Alabama"

Kind of like all the GARBAGE the 92 Alabama team heard before they played the "unbeatable" Hurricanes.

You remember how that game turned out?

Ruffian

Oct 21, 2012
Nashville
All due respect ND should have a chip on their shoulder all they have heard is: "ND would MAYBE be the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC" "They have never faced a team like Alabama"

Kind of like all the GARBAGE the 92 Alabama team heard before they played the "unbeatable" Hurricanes.

Good thing we've already proven we're not unbeatable this year. I think our guys have just as much to prove. They'll be ready.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

You honestly cannot say that ND does not get respect every season. Especially with the mouthpiece known as Lou Holtz.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Yep. Technically we're the underdogs being ranked 2nd.

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
You honestly cannot say that ND does not get respect every season. Especially with the mouthpiece known as Lou Holtz.

Holtz? He's a JOKE IMO. Him and Corso BOTH need to retire. The ONLY college analyst who is worth ANYTHING is Bruce Feldman.

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch

please come back and join us on tuesday for some post game commentary, you wil be invited:wink:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California

The difference then was that the media and the Miami team were saying all of those things. This is an Alabama message board, for God's sake. It's not like Amari Cooper and Jesse Williams are spouting of at the mouth. It's not like all the talking heads are giving ND no chance to win the game. Just fans on a fan board who not surprisingly are proud of and confident in their team. Get over it, already.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
One thing for sure is that Theo should not have poked the bear. But I am proud that even they didn't have to respond, they did it with class. Besides Theo shouldn't write checks, his WR teammates can't cash.

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
The difference then was that the media and the Miami team were saying all of those things. This is an Alabama message board, for God's sake. It's not like Amari Cooper and Jesse Williams are spouting of at the mouth. It's not like all the talking heads are giving ND no chance to win the game. Just fans on a fan board who not surprisingly are proud of and confident in their team. Get over it, already.

Message boards are you kidding? Let me enlighten you: Herbstreit ESPN's #1 College FB analyst "For ND to have a CHANCE in this game, Everet Golson is going to have to make plays and and play the BEST game of his life."

I can site a WHOLE bunch more in the media too. Does not bother me because they have been wrong ALL YEAR about ND and they will all be wrong again.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Message boards are you kidding? Let me enlighten you: Herbstreit ESPN's #1 College FB analyst "For ND to have a CHANCE in this game, Everet Golson is going to have to make plays and and play the BEST game of his life."

I can site a WHOLE bunch more in the media too. Does not bother me because they have been wrong ALL YEAR about ND and they will all be wrong again.
What Herbie said is true though...that's the difference. If Golson is average, ND will get blown out. Even when some QB's played the best games of their career (Zach Mettenberger), their teams walked away with a loss. An average performance by Golson will mean ND score 10 points, and gets beat by three TD's... If you don't believe it, you've spent too much time starring into the glare of the ND helmets

mhiggy45

3rd Team
Sep 2, 2010
daytona bch
I will be back win or lose, you can count on it.
you have to know that you guys have earned some payback over the years...('66,73,74,77) karma and the college football universe knows that your (luck of the irish) time is up. not trying to be all 'smacky' but it's time this one goes our way. we have never cost u guys a natty championship....ya'll have cost us more than a few. I will eat crow if we lose.....I just have a good feeling about this one......hope to chat with u on tuesday.

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama

People hear the news that reinforces their own beliefs.
Playing the victim card does not work very well in this forum.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.