Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Recipes
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN Notre Dame/Bama special...

Is not very balanced. The ND segment came first and it was all praise for ND. Now, in the Bama segment, about half of it seems to be why ND will beat Bama...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESPN Notre Dame/Bama special...

I agree. I think it has been poorly done.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I thought the Mark Schlabach phoner interview segment was good, but other than that it pretty much has been a ND infomercial.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Is not very balanced. The ND segment came first and it was all praise for ND. Now, in the Bama segment, about half of it seems to be why ND will beat Bama...

Yep...I had it set to Tivo as we were going out to dinner...but not worth it. It's pretty much all ND coverage. Blech.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Agreed - although it may work to our advantage since they underestimate Bama.

Post Thanks / Like

Their building up the ND as unstoppable for us because of Golson/Riddick/Eifert bordered on dishonest. Look at their crummy offensive results...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Yet another example of SEC fatigue by the remainder of the sports world. Here's hoping that fatigue turns to pure and outright jealousy.

RTR!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

I noticed this afternoon was all ND then one special on Bama. Did PTI do a special on the Bama timeline like they did ND? That would have been interesting to see.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I noticed this afternoon was all ND then one special on Bama. Did PTI do a special on the Bama timeline like they did ND? That would have been interesting to see.
    They're doing the so-called Bama segment now...

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw the same thing. The first time I saw it, I watched the Notre Dame show and as expected it was all Notre Dame. Then the BAMA segment pops up and it's at least half Notre Dame. Get it right ESPN! Also, did you notice that ESPN has a little 1/2 hour show with Notre Dame coaches, new and old. They have Parseghian, Holtz, and Kelly on there. Where's the show with old BAMA coaches? Krymsonman

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

They gotta say something just to get folks to watch... A lot of folks paid some big money around this programming for people not to watch it. I am not too worried.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    They're doing the so-called Bama segment now...
    Yeah I see that one. PTI earlier had a special on the timeline of Nd over the years and their commentary clips from over the years. I would love if they did that for Bama. To see what they said when Shula was here and when Saban was hired.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Krymsonman View Post
    I saw the same thing. The first time I saw it, I watched the Notre Dame show and as expected it was all Notre Dame. Then the BAMA segment pops up and it's at least half Notre Dame. Get it right ESPN! Also, did you notice that ESPN has a little 1/2 hour show with Notre Dame coaches, new and old. They have Parseghian, Holtz, and Kelly on there. Where's the show with old BAMA coaches? Krymsonman
    Who are they going to talk to for 1/2hr Coach Stallings? - other than him most of our coaches are nothing but a punchline that are still alive...