Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-SEC KrimsonNinja's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN Notre Dame/Bama special...

Just another reason I stay away from any television coverage of college football until the day of the game. It gets tiring after a while and takes away from the mystique of the game. As for the coverage being in favor of ND, can't say it surprises me.
    "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - George Orwell

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Don't want to think about it. The only boring character would be Shula. The others: Price - "It's Rollin Baby." Fran: "How much will you pay me for injury info. Um, you're not a gambler are you?" Dubose: "Will you be my little Debbie Cookie? Just hold still..."
    But Shula has the hot chick

Quote Originally Posted by bamacon View Post
    But Shula has the hot chick
    Yeah, but she was boring too...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC RhodeIslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KrimsonNinja View Post
    Just another reason I stay away from any television coverage of college football until the day of the game. It gets tiring after a while and takes away from the mystique of the game. As for the coverage being in favor of ND, can't say it surprises me.
    All of this is suppose to make Bama players feel bad about themselves. Should make for an interesting evening.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Both the Alabama and the ND BCS specials were ND specials. Really bad.

If anyone ever doubted the history of ND bias in the national media, all they needed to do was follow post regular season coverage this year. The echos have indeed awakened.

I know the ESPN special was finished before last night, but I find it interesting how there has been no mention by some media of how OU, supposedly ND's marquee win, fared against A&M. There's a reason Stoops is known as "Big Game Bob." The USC game was against . . . well, USC 2012. So, their biggest win was against Stanford, at home, in OT, with the officials wearing gold caps?

BamaNation All-American

The Alabama special comes on Monday night. Trust me it will be all Bama. RTR

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by kyla_mg View Post
    Agreed - although it may work to our advantage since they underestimate Bama.
    One would be unwise, at best, to do that. In fact, I was looking at the entire bloc of Notre Dame coverage that ESPN did yesterday (6 straight hours: complete with a 30 minute PTI show dedicated to Notre Dame), and I just took it as the sports world outside of our fan base having Bama fatigue. This, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not we'll win the game. But I just think they feel like they've said just about all they CAN say about Bama. I'm cool with it. Just prepare yourself for back pedaling from the talking heads after the game that would make Deion Sanders blush.
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

ESPN Notre Dame/Bama special...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Is not very balanced. The ND segment came first and it was all praise for ND. Now, in the Bama segment, about half of it seems to be why ND will beat Bama...
    I couldn't watch. I knew what was going to happen. They are going to push so hard for Bama to lose. It's really unbearable.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Please let the game begin, I'm so tired of the ND love fest. Wonder if our players are feeling jilted? I doubt they care much either way but anyway to stoke the fire in them works for me.
    Please stand behind our troops or feel free to stand in front of them.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Hopefully the ND players have been playing attention to the media coverage and are getting the idea the game should be a cakewalk for 'em.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's all posturing for ratings at this point. Most of the country from what I've seen thinks Bama will win this game, including most of the Notre Dame fans I talk to. If the country is expecting a Bama win, especially a blowout, it will severely affect the ratings, which in turn will cost ESPN money. I believe they are just trying to get everyone hyped on Notre Dame for this game for no other reason than to give people hope that they will win. I could be wrong, but I take it as nothing more than a marketing campaign to boost their ratings. Thankfully all that goes out the door on Monday, and the game can be settled on the field where it belongs.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TexasBama's Avatar

Google Lizzy Seeberg if you need a reason to dislike Notre Dame