ESPN Notre Dame/Bama special...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Their building up the ND as unstoppable for us because of Golson/Riddick/Eifert bordered on dishonest. Look at their crummy offensive results...
Yes - I am sure our secondary is no where near as good as anybody they have played and they have racked up thousands of passing yards through the air. ;)
They even scored 13 points on Michigan, 23 on Pitt in regulation, 20 on Michigan St - need I go on? ESPN seems to be trying really hard to keep the build up on this game interesting. I was thinking the same thing - to the point of downright dishonesty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011
I don't guess they discussed how the sparkly disco hats barely beat Purdue, which got destroyed by Okie St. or how they used up a lot of Irish luck in beating Pitt. in OT, which got beat by 3 TDs by Ole Miss.

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
I keep hearing how "if" Notre Dame wins, it will be good for College Football, I just don't see how though. I don't see how College Football is at it's greatest when Notre Dame is on top. 90s were great, 2000s were too, Notre Dame wasn't on top then.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Actually you could probably get a great reality TV show outta that lineup.
Don't want to think about it. The only boring character would be Shula. The others: Price - "It's Rollin Baby." Fran: "How much will you pay me for injury info. Um, you're not a gambler are you?" Dubose: "Will you be my little Debbie Cookie? Just hold still..."

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Just another reason I stay away from any television coverage of college football until the day of the game. It gets tiring after a while and takes away from the mystique of the game. As for the coverage being in favor of ND, can't say it surprises me.

RhodeIslandRed

All-SEC
Dec 9, 2005
Just another reason I stay away from any television coverage of college football until the day of the game. It gets tiring after a while and takes away from the mystique of the game. As for the coverage being in favor of ND, can't say it surprises me.
All of this is suppose to make Bama players feel bad about themselves. Should make for an interesting evening.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Both the Alabama and the ND BCS specials were ND specials. Really bad.

Boo Radley

All-SEC
Dec 13, 2003
Domus Dulcis Alabamus
If anyone ever doubted the history of ND bias in the national media, all they needed to do was follow post regular season coverage this year. The echos have indeed awakened.

I know the ESPN special was finished before last night, but I find it interesting how there has been no mention by some media of how OU, supposedly ND's marquee win, fared against A&M. There's a reason Stoops is known as "Big Game Bob." The USC game was against . . . well, USC 2012. So, their biggest win was against Stanford, at home, in OT, with the officials wearing gold caps?

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Agreed - although it may work to our advantage since they underestimate Bama.
One would be unwise, at best, to do that. In fact, I was looking at the entire bloc of Notre Dame coverage that ESPN did yesterday (6 straight hours: complete with a 30 minute PTI show dedicated to Notre Dame), and I just took it as the sports world outside of our fan base having Bama fatigue. This, of course, has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not we'll win the game. But I just think they feel like they've said just about all they CAN say about Bama. I'm cool with it. Just prepare yourself for back pedaling from the talking heads after the game that would make Deion Sanders blush.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
Please let the game begin, I'm so tired of the ND love fest. Wonder if our players are feeling jilted? I doubt they care much either way but anyway to stoke the fire in them works for me.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
It's all posturing for ratings at this point. Most of the country from what I've seen thinks Bama will win this game, including most of the Notre Dame fans I talk to. If the country is expecting a Bama win, especially a blowout, it will severely affect the ratings, which in turn will cost ESPN money. I believe they are just trying to get everyone hyped on Notre Dame for this game for no other reason than to give people hope that they will win. I could be wrong, but I take it as nothing more than a marketing campaign to boost their ratings. Thankfully all that goes out the door on Monday, and the game can be settled on the field where it belongs.

Ty Webb

Suspended
Feb 3, 2012
I think some in this thread are taking the coverage a little too seriously. ESPN is not stupid. They are doing everything they can do build up the game to get viewers. If the casual fan thinks this will be a blowout they won't tune in, or won't for long.

Most national polls have Bama winning by 65-70% in the polls I've seen.

If the game goes as I suspect, the announcers will be talking about Bama for the entire second half.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.