Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

2013 schedule question

Why do we play Ole Miss at home two years in a row?

2013 ALABAMA FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
    Date Opponent Site
    Aug. 31......... Virginia Tech.............................. Atlanta, Ga.
    Sept. 14......... *at Texas A&M............................ College Station, Texas
    Sept. 21......... Colorado State............................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
    Sept. 28......... *Ole Miss..................................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
    Oct. 5............ Georgia State............................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
    Oct. 12.......... *at Kentucky............................... Lexington, Ky.
    Oct. 19.......... *Arkansas.................................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
    Oct. 26.......... *Tennessee.................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
    Nov. 9........... *LSU.............................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
    Nov. 16......... *at Mississippi State................. Starkville, Miss.
    Nov. 23......... Chattanooga................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
    Nov. 30......... *at Auburn................................... Auburn, Ala.

*Southeastern Conference (SEC) opponent
    Bold indicates home game

2. Advertisement

Re: 2013 schedule question

It's necessary to even the schedule back up after expansion. However, the AU ITAT board sees it differently. They see it as part of the overall conspiracy by the SEC office to keep Bama on top...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

If I remember correctly, the SEC had to switch last years location to accommodate the Missouri game.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    It's necessary to even the schedule back up after expansion. However, the AU ITAT board sees it differently. They see it as part of the overall conspiracy by the SEC office to keep Bama on top...
    Smart move by the SEC to send Georgia to Barnville two years in a row to thrpw everyone off the track.

BamaNation First Team

Seems like I remember when SC and Ark came in that we had to play @ one of the Mississippi teams two years in a row, does anyone remember this or was I only dreaming.

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

So...unless I'm missing something, our bye is the second game of the season? Ugh. Brutal.

BamaNation All-SEC Snuffy Smith's Avatar

2013 schedule question

Quote Originally Posted by Luvubama View Post
    So...unless I'm missing something, our bye is the second game of the season? Ugh. Brutal.
    14 week season - 2 open dates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-SEC
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Ah, good! Thank you. How could I not be thinking that!

BamaNation All-American B1GTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

With 2 weeks to prepare fot aTm, they are toast. IMO, if you beat LSU, you are undefeated in the SECCG with a shot at another BCSCG (against my Buckeyes?).

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    With 2 weeks to prepare fot aTm, they are toast. IMO, if you beat LSU, you are undefeated in the SECCG with a shot at another BCSCG (against my Buckeyes?).
    That would be great if it works out.

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tide power fan View Post
    Seems like I remember when SC and Ark came in that we had to play @ one of the Mississippi teams two years in a row, does anyone remember this or was I only dreaming.
    It was LSU. My brother is still complaining about it.

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

In my opinion, this may be the most favorable schedule I've ever seen us play. Our two toughest games will without a doubt be A&M and LSU, but we have bye weeks before both. VaTech is down, Arkansas and Auburn will be down from where they normally are, and we somehow managed to only get UT and UK from the east. This schedule actually worries me, because if we lose a game we will probably drop out of contention because of our SoS. So long as we take care of business, the road should be open to another championship shot.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Can't ask for a more favorable schedule. Take care of business the first two games and I like Bama's chances. 'Course, LSU has a pretty good record the past decade or so when the game is at Bryant-Denny...