Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation First Team 12ROLL12TIDE12's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2013 schedule question

True, that was when our RB's coughed it up pretty frequently. I think Ingram and Richardson have spoiled me for life with ball security. I am pretty sure Ingram's only fumbles were vs. UT in the Cody Blocked FG game and the damn barn in the game which I will not mention.
    "He (Saban) brings me the Bentleys. I just put rims on them." - Scott Cochran

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2013 schedule question

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Theye will simply reload. The talent they are getting grows on trees down there.
    I'm not so sure this time.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by ALA2262 View Post
    My brother is still complaining about it.
    Why? As others have noted, we won both of them. Or maybe he's an LSU fan (knowing that Alabama has historically dominated LSU in Death Valley)?
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    Why? As others have noted, we won both of them. Or maybe he's an LSU fan (knowing that Alabama has historically dominated LSU in Death Valley)?
    Good question. To him it was just a matter of Bama having to play there two consecutive years. And he is a huge (300+lbs) Bama fan.

As for me, I never had a problem with it because Bama still played them home and away in '92 and '93. It was just away and home instead of home and away.

BamaNation All-American Crimson1967's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

These things happen when the league has to change schedules for some reason such as expansion. I don't think think the league office is out to get anyone. They have arranged the schedules so one division hosts rivalry games and the other hosts the rotation games. So Georgia has to go to the Ugliest Village on the Plains twice in a row.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Pensive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    I'm not so sure this time.
    Have to agree with this...

Given what has happened there since the 21 - ZEREAUX game a year ago, it seems their problems go beyond replacing talent, and include chemistry, discipline, etc...

That said, there was am epic meltdown in that sewer they call Tiger Droppings the other night whem one after another of their juniors was announcing that they're declaring for the NFL draft.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth was palpable.

Needless to say, I was crestfallen...

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

2013 schedule question

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Have to agree with this...

Given what has happened there since the 21 - ZEREAUX game a year ago, it seems their problems go beyond replacing talent, and include chemistry, discipline, etc...

That said, there was am epic meltdown in that sewer they call Tiger Droppings the other night whem one after another of their juniors was announcing that they're declaring for the NFL draft.

The weeping and gnashing of teeth was palpable.

Needless to say, I was crestfallen...
    Yeah, I don't see how they reload, especially on the defensive side. I was surprised when Simon went, to me that's a huge loss. Offense may be ok next season, but defense, wow!

BamaNation All-American ALA2262's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    These things happen when the league has to change schedules for some reason such as expansion. I don't think think the league office is out to get anyone. They have arranged the schedules so one division hosts rivalry games and the other hosts the rotation games. So Georgia has to go to the Ugliest Village on the Plains twice in a row.
    All it does is switch which year that you play where. Coach Bryant tried to do that himself with the Mississippi schools in the '80s. From 1980-1983, Bama played both of them in Jackson in the even years and both of them at home in the odd years. Then as now, the conference schedules were made out many years in advance, so when Coach Bryant tried to change that for 1984, Ole Miss was dropped from the schedule. When the series resumed in 1988, Bama played Ole Miss at home and played at MSU.
    Last edited by ALA2262; January 6th, 2013 at 10:45 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

thought this was the best forum for this without starting a new one.

Did anyone see this tweet from Dennis Dodd about the 2014 schedule?

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs
    Dennis Dodd @dennisdoddcbs
    SEC teams able to "protect" one game on traditional date beginning in 2014. Get ready for Fla-Tenn in November? Ga-Auburn on Labor Day?
    37 minutes ago

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this means? I would assume that it means the cross-divisional games, but he uses Fla-Tenn as an example.
    Last edited by Hoot30; February 1st, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772

BamaNation All-SEC WylieTexasTider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Wonder what happens if 1 school wants to keep the date and another doesn't? Would kinda love if us and Tennessee agreed with the SEC we only play on the 3rd Saturday in October. I honestly don't care if we play AU the last week of the season. Heck, I really don't care if we play them every year. What does playing them do for us? They need us, not the other way around...

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot30 View Post

SEC teams able to "protect" one game on traditional date beginning in 2014. Get ready for Fla-Tenn in November? Ga-Auburn on Labor Day?
    37 minutes ago

Does anyone have any thoughts on what this means? I would assume that it means the cross-divisional games, but he uses Fla-Tenn as an example.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot30 View Post

37 minutes ago

REC doing good work.

BamaNation All-American i26bamafan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Played at LSU 2 years in a row to accomandate the 2 new teams....

But no one said anything. It was BAMA that hAd to do it. BAMA won both...

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Wonder what happens if 1 school wants to keep the date and another doesn't? Would kinda love if us and Tennessee agreed with the SEC we only play on the 3rd Saturday in October. I honestly don't care if we play AU the last week of the season. Heck, I really don't care if we play them every year. What does playing them do for us? They need us, not the other way around...
    Agree. If real discussions of this ever take place, it would be really interesting to view the reaction.
    "If the public are bound to yield obedience to laws to which they cannot give their approbation, they are slaves to those who make such laws and enforce them." - As Candidus in the Boston Gazette, January 20, 1772