2013 schedule question

Bama1985

1st Team
Jan 18, 2006
Calhoun County
Why do we play Ole Miss at home two years in a row?

2013 ALABAMA FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Date Opponent Site
Aug. 31......... Virginia Tech.............................. Atlanta, Ga.
Sept. 14......... *at Texas A&M............................ College Station, Texas
Sept. 21......... Colorado State............................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Sept. 28......... *Ole Miss..................................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 5............ Georgia State............................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 12.......... *at Kentucky............................... Lexington, Ky.
Oct. 19.......... *Arkansas.................................... Bryant-Denny Stadium
Oct. 26.......... *Tennessee.................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 9........... *LSU.............................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 16......... *at Mississippi State................. Starkville, Miss.
Nov. 23......... Chattanooga................................. Bryant-Denny Stadium
Nov. 30......... *at Auburn................................... Auburn, Ala.

*Southeastern Conference (SEC) opponent
Bold indicates home game

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's necessary to even the schedule back up after expansion. However, the AU ITAT board sees it differently. They see it as part of the overall conspiracy by the SEC office to keep Bama on top...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It's necessary to even the schedule back up after expansion. However, the AU ITAT board sees it differently. They see it as part of the overall conspiracy by the SEC office to keep Bama on top...
Smart move by the SEC to send Georgia to Barnville two years in a row to thrpw everyone off the track.

tide power fan

All-SEC
Nov 26, 2011
Seems like I remember when SC and Ark came in that we had to play @ one of the Mississippi teams two years in a row, does anyone remember this or was I only dreaming.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
With 2 weeks to prepare fot aTm, they are toast. IMO, if you beat LSU, you are undefeated in the SECCG with a shot at another BCSCG (against my Buckeyes?).

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
In my opinion, this may be the most favorable schedule I've ever seen us play. Our two toughest games will without a doubt be A&M and LSU, but we have bye weeks before both. VaTech is down, Arkansas and Auburn will be down from where they normally are, and we somehow managed to only get UT and UK from the east. This schedule actually worries me, because if we lose a game we will probably drop out of contention because of our SoS. So long as we take care of business, the road should be open to another championship shot.

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
Can't ask for a more favorable schedule. Take care of business the first two games and I like Bama's chances. 'Course, LSU has a pretty good record the past decade or so when the game is at Bryant-Denny... :mad2:

12ROLL12TIDE12

1st Team
Aug 30, 2008
Orlando, FL
I am not quite ready to leave the 2012 season, but you have got to LOVE the look of that schedule. Texas A/M early in the year could be huge in the off chance that we were to lose that game (I think we will have a lot to prove in that game). LSU at home is big and the BYE weeks set up nicely in my opinion.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.