Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Kenny Bell playing in BCSCG is a game time decision

I understand the dual speed threat of Cooper and a healthy Bell.

But if Bell plays, I think the main question is whether he's close enough to 100% to force the defense to respect that speed. If so, his mere presence does pose a problem for the ND defense. If he's 80%? Maybe not so much.

Where's the break even point -- 80%? 90%? More? Less? That's what Saban gets paid $5M a year to decide.
    Undefeated World Champion Threadkiller

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

I hope if is 95-100% he limps around in the pre-game warm-ups just to fool the Domers.

Quote Originally Posted by westide View Post
    I hope if is 95-100% he limps around in the pre-game warm-ups just to fool the Domers.
    I'd be very surprised to see him if it's less than 90%...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'd be very surprised to see him if it's less than 90%...
    How does a player know if he is 100%, 90%, or 75%? What's the definition? Are you 100% if there is no pain and no limitation on your movement? Or are still considered 100% if you can still go full speed with no limitation on mobility yet there is a slight pain to it or would that be considered 90%?

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    How does a player know if he is 100%, 90%, or 75%? What's the definition? Are you 100% if there is no pain and no limitation on your movement? Or are still considered 100% if you can still go full speed with no limitation on mobility yet there is a slight pain to it or would that be considered 90%?
    Well, for starters, they're all hurting, practically every one. The question is how much the pain limits function. Nobody believes Bell won't be in pain. The question is whether or not the pain will limit him 5%, 10% in performance. It's really all about how much the pain affects performance. (I'm really just paraphrasing Coach Saban here.)
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JDCrimson View Post
    he's got a little meter on his chest.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Or a little bar at the top of the screen

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

My main concern would be if he can withstand a big hit on that leg again without hurting it further. Hope to see him play, and contribute, of course.
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

watching him run i am surprised but he did make a quick improvement in one week with his limp. reading those tweets im expecting CNS told him hes a go

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Kenny Bell playing in BCSCG is a game time decision

Hope he gets that green light, if he hasn't already!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Well, for starters, they're all hurting, practically every one. The question is how much the pain limits function. Nobody believes Bell won't be in pain. The question is whether or not the pain will limit him 5%, 10% in performance. It's really all about how much the pain affects performance. (I'm really just paraphrasing Coach Saban here.)
    So, if I understand right -- then he's not in danger of injuring the leg further -- it's more about pain management, right? Or could he reinjure the same break by playing on it?
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    So, if I understand right -- then he's not in danger of injuring the leg further -- it's more about pain management, right? Or could he reinjure the same break by playing on it?
    That would depend on the severity of the fracture. I'm no doctor (well I am but not that kind) but in my mind if they're even thinking about him playing it couldn't have been as severe an injury as I first thought. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a broken leg not meaning a season ending injury.

BamaNation All-American JustNeedMe81's Avatar
    My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

Did he play in the game?
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*