Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team
    live in Henrico County, Richmond, Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Any Tide fans in Richmond , Virginia area?

Hey y'all! I'm a new member on tidefans.com! I am glad I found this community. I am an out of state Alabama Crimson Tide fan located in Richmond, Virginia. Lately I have seen here and there Bama fans around here wearing their ROLL TIDE shirts or shout that to me when they see my cap or sweatshirt or t-shirt.
    I was wondering if there is an organization or group that get together to watch the games, discuss and support the Crimson Tide or desire to get together for all things Alabama? Would love to hang with like minded people!
    Have a ROLL TIDE DAY, y'all!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team im4uainva's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Lurking on TideFans.com

Re: Any Tide fans in Richmond , Virginia area?

Roll Tide,
    I'm over here in Charlottesville. I am not aware of any group here that gets together. I see a few tags and decals indicating Bama fans and, it possible, a Roll Tide! is always exchanged. But no connections are ever made. For all of it's beauty and livabililty, Charlottesville is kind of clicqueish. I'm still waiting to see if we can ever get enough Bama fans in this state to enable us to get State tags for our vehicles.
    I see *u, and many others, but still no Bama. Depressing.
    Oh well, I travel fairly often to Richmond. Maybe I'll see you around.
    Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ght!

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

awesome! yes i hope to see ya around! We need to remedy this situation and get all us BamaNation folks together! I bet it is hard being in Charlottesville, with the UVA snobs. ha!

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

There's an active alumni association in Richmond; here's a link to their site...

http://home.comcast.net/~bamarichmond/

They meet at one of the local taverns for every game; I'm sure the web site shows the location.

I live in Williamsburg so I don't get to many of the Richmond events.

I likewise am quite frustrated that we have over 4,000 alumni in the state of Virginia but can't get the $25 commitment on 350 cars so the state will create a Bama affinity license plate. (Other schools got in early, when the Virginia requirement was 150 or 200 cars or something like that.) The web site has the necessary forms required for Bama fans to register their cars for the license plates, which will be created once we reach the 350 threshold. My $50 (two cars...) has been on deposit with the Richmond Alumni Association for several years now.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Thanks for the info! Great to hear from you as well! Im not an alumni but have a cousin that is. Does that count? If you are from the state of Alabama as I am , you know that everybody chooses sides. Our entire family has always been ROLL TIDE all the way!
    I would LOVE to have the license plates. will check into it.

BamaNation First Team Snuffy Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFossil View Post
    There's an active alumni association in Richmond; here's a link to their site...

http://home.comcast.net/~bamarichmond/

They meet at one of the local taverns for every game; I'm sure the web site shows the location.

I live in Williamsburg so I don't get to many of the Richmond events.

I likewise am quite frustrated that we have over 4,000 alumni in the state of Virginia but can't get the $25 commitment on 350 cars so the state will create a Bama affinity license plate. (Other schools got in early, when the Virginia requirement was 150 or 200 cars or something like that.) The web site has the necessary forms required for Bama fans to register their cars for the license plates, which will be created once we reach the 350 threshold. My $50 (two cars...) has been on deposit with the Richmond Alumni Association for several years now.
    I lived in Richmond back in the 90's and had the plate ROLT1DE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American Tide in Athens's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I have a sister and brother in law who live in Richmond (Carytown area). My sister is a UA grad, and has converted my brother in law to a Bama fan (he's a UVA grad). So you may well be seeing one of them, though I'm not sure how often they make it to alumni events. I used to get up more often (several times a year), but actually haven't been back in 2-3 years at this point.

Anyway, welcome aboard, and Roll Tide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: religion, politics, and the Great Pumpkin."
    -Linus van Pelt.

BamaNation Third Team BamaMcGowin's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

I'm up in Colonial Beach about an hour north of Richmond. Grew up in Alabama. Moved up here a couple years ago to work in a church. Roll Tide!

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Hey there Tide in Athens! Hopefully I will get to see them! Thanks for the welcome! ROLL TIDE ROLL !

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Hey BamaMcGowin! You know Ive never been to Colonial Beach but have passed through there. That is nice to know there are other fellow Alabamians here in Virginia. I know Virginia is supposed to be the South but it is not the South we are used to is it? That is interesting that you moved up here to work in a church. Maybe we could meet one day. Would love to have a group of Alabamians meet up and that they are Bama fans would be the cherry on top! I've seen too many Auburn fans around here but lately have seen a few Bama fans come out in view!
    Nice to hear from you and let's Roll with the Tide!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm in the Cumberland area, between Charlottesville and Richmond. Always cool to see Bama fans in this area. I have seen a few though, gave a Roll Tide and got a weird look in return. I knew then that there are a lot of Bama posers out there.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like

Live near Fredericksburg. Been in VA for quite a while now. Grew up in Alabama in the 60s and 70s. Left when I joined the Marine Corps. Graduated from JSU. Roll Tide my brother. Time for some payback.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Confused on TideFans.com

Hey TOOBAMA ! With me you get the real deal! Born and raised in Alabama and a lifetime Tide fan! ROLL TIDE ! Holla at me when you roll into Richmond sometimes!