Question: Any Tide fans in Richmond , Virginia area?

Hey y'all! I'm a new member on tidefans.com! I am glad I found this community. I am an out of state Alabama Crimson Tide fan located in Richmond, Virginia. Lately I have seen here and there Bama fans around here wearing their ROLL TIDE shirts or shout that to me when they see my cap or sweatshirt or t-shirt.
I was wondering if there is an organization or group that get together to watch the games, discuss and support the Crimson Tide or desire to get together for all things Alabama? Would love to hang with like minded people!
Have a ROLL TIDE DAY, y'all!:BigA:

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
Roll Tide,
I'm over here in Charlottesville. I am not aware of any group here that gets together. I see a few tags and decals indicating Bama fans and, it possible, a Roll Tide! is always exchanged. But no connections are ever made. For all of it's beauty and livabililty, Charlottesville is kind of clicqueish. I'm still waiting to see if we can ever get enough Bama fans in this state to enable us to get State tags for our vehicles.
I see *u, and many others, but still no Bama. Depressing.
Oh well, I travel fairly often to Richmond. Maybe I'll see you around.
Roll Tsunami, Roll...A'ght!

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
There's an active alumni association in Richmond; here's a link to their site...

http://home.comcast.net/~bamarichmond/

They meet at one of the local taverns for every game; I'm sure the web site shows the location.

I live in Williamsburg so I don't get to many of the Richmond events.

I likewise am quite frustrated that we have over 4,000 alumni in the state of Virginia but can't get the $25 commitment on 350 cars so the state will create a Bama affinity license plate. (Other schools got in early, when the Virginia requirement was 150 or 200 cars or something like that.) The web site has the necessary forms required for Bama fans to register their cars for the license plates, which will be created once we reach the 350 threshold. My $50 (two cars...) has been on deposit with the Richmond Alumni Association for several years now.

Thanks for the info! Great to hear from you as well! Im not an alumni but have a cousin that is. Does that count? If you are from the state of Alabama as I am , you know that everybody chooses sides. Our entire family has always been ROLL TIDE all the way!
I would LOVE to have the license plates. will check into it.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
There's an active alumni association in Richmond; here's a link to their site...

http://home.comcast.net/~bamarichmond/

They meet at one of the local taverns for every game; I'm sure the web site shows the location.

I live in Williamsburg so I don't get to many of the Richmond events.

I likewise am quite frustrated that we have over 4,000 alumni in the state of Virginia but can't get the $25 commitment on 350 cars so the state will create a Bama affinity license plate. (Other schools got in early, when the Virginia requirement was 150 or 200 cars or something like that.) The web site has the necessary forms required for Bama fans to register their cars for the license plates, which will be created once we reach the 350 threshold. My $50 (two cars...) has been on deposit with the Richmond Alumni Association for several years now.
I lived in Richmond back in the 90's and had the plate ROLT1DE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
I have a sister and brother in law who live in Richmond (Carytown area). My sister is a UA grad, and has converted my brother in law to a Bama fan (he's a UVA grad). So you may well be seeing one of them, though I'm not sure how often they make it to alumni events. I used to get up more often (several times a year), but actually haven't been back in 2-3 years at this point.

Anyway, welcome aboard, and Roll Tide!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMcGowin

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 8, 2012
Corydon, Iowa
I'm up in Colonial Beach about an hour north of Richmond. Grew up in Alabama. Moved up here a couple years ago to work in a church. Roll Tide!

Hey BamaMcGowin! You know Ive never been to Colonial Beach but have passed through there. That is nice to know there are other fellow Alabamians here in Virginia. I know Virginia is supposed to be the South but it is not the South we are used to is it? That is interesting that you moved up here to work in a church. Maybe we could meet one day. Would love to have a group of Alabamians meet up and that they are Bama fans would be the cherry on top! I've seen too many Auburn fans around here but lately have seen a few Bama fans come out in view!
Nice to hear from you and let's Roll with the Tide!

TooBama

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2005
Richmond, Virginia, United States
I'm in the Cumberland area, between Charlottesville and Richmond. Always cool to see Bama fans in this area. I have seen a few though, gave a Roll Tide and got a weird look in return. I knew then that there are a lot of Bama posers out there.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Live near Fredericksburg. Been in VA for quite a while now. Grew up in Alabama in the 60s and 70s. Left when I joined the Marine Corps. Graduated from JSU. Roll Tide my brother. Time for some payback.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Alas, not active enough to get the requisite number of Alabama fans/alums to sign up for the specialty plate.
The Barn got theirs while the required number of purchasers was lower than it is now. I hate having to look at that ugly Barn plate.
I just wish enough Alabama fans/alums would sign up for a UA plate.

Hey Va Bama Fan! I LOVE Harrisonburg area! Our son graduated from JMU. he wanted so badly to go to UA but we couldnt afford the out of state tutition. However he is a bigger Bama fan than to his alma mater JMU. lol Must be in the blood!
So good to know there are Bama fans scattered about!
Next time I go that way I will holler out ROLL TIDE ! take care!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.