My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

ESPNW: Menu is Alabama nutritionist's playbook

I searched, but didn't find this article posted. I read something similar last year, but it's still a good read about the detail and process of CNS.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/more-sports...onist-playbook

2. Advertisement

Re: ESPNW: Menu is Alabama nutritionist's playbook

There are very few leaves he leaves unturned. I have Cochran's 4th Quarter book and it is very detailed also.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I searched, but didn't find this article posted. I read something similar last year, but it's still a good read about the detail and process of CNS.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/more-sports...onist-playbook
    Good read, thanks!

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wonder what she thought of Chance Warmack's two monster-burger performance at Mugshots the other night.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

ESPNW: Menu is Alabama nutritionist's playbook

Quote Originally Posted by IH8Orange View Post
    I wonder what she thought of Chance Warmack's two monster-burger performance at Mugshots the other night.
    Hush! What she doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides, how else is he supposed to keep The Belly?
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

BamaNation First Team Bigalstide1877's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Amy Bragg has helped Alabama teams win five national titles in the past three years.
    Dont kno if anyone seen the caption of the picture i had to look at like thre or four times haha. RTR

EDIT: I think that is counting all the sports she is involved in.
    Last edited by Bigalstide1877; January 5th, 2013 at 09:47 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame IH8Orange's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bigalstide1877 View Post
    Dont kno if anyone seen the caption of the picture i had to look at like thre or four times haha. RTR

EDIT: I think that is counting all the sports she is involved in.
    It is. They mentioned the women's gymnastics and softball team in the story.
    "If it feels good, then you're not doing it right" - Coach Scott Cochran

"Sharing a conference with Nick Saban is like sharing a steak with a lion. Only one of you wins that battle. And it's not you." - Gregg Doyel

Interesting behind-the-scenes details in there, and once again points to how detail oriented Coach Saban is.
    I noted the part about the smoothie bar for the players...I'm a huge fan of smoothies and have one every day as it's a great way to get a huge dose of fruits and veggies. I'm sure ours isn't the only team that does this kind of thing but still neat that athletes have these types of things available to them to point them towards developing healthy eating habits.

Thanks for posting.

My Mood
    Doh on TideFans.com

I've read accounts of smoothie bars in other teams' weight rooms, but the attention to nutrition and diet details at Bama is second to none. I read an account of one recruit's parents who were uber-impressed on an official visit that Bragg was already aware that their son had an allergy to peanuts. I assume it wasn't a HIPAA violation.
    Last edited by SavannahDare; January 6th, 2013 at 04:02 AM.
    Hand (Da'Shawn), the consensus choice by the major recruiting services as the nation's No. 1 defensive lineman, told 247Sports that each school in his top five has its own unique appeal to him.

"All have their little pieces," Hand said. "At Auburn, I went to a construction site. At South Carolina, it was the linemen, at Michigan it was the sports marketing and at Alabama, it was Alabama. It's Alabama."

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Funny

But how does Bragg reconcile Saban's well-documented breakfast habit of dining on Little Debbie snack cakes?

"He is entitled to one vice," Bragg said. "He is incredibly disciplined with overall nutrition and eats balanced, heart-healthy meals. And it could be worse. At least Little Debbies has oats."
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin