News Article: Alabama's hatred of Notre Dame runs long, deep

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Flynt needs to update his research. Alabama's no longer in the bottom five in many categories now. Of course he is an Auburn professor...

Last edited:

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
Just got done watching the 73 Sugar Bowl, what a game. I feel for the Bama folks that were around for that one, I was 5 at the time. Here's hoping our guys will TCB tomorrow night. Up doing laundry, baby has a stomach virus and made a mess of his crib sheets and blanket. He's thrown up twice and I almost lost it when I saw the end of the 73 game.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Flynt needs to update his research. Alabama's not in the bottom five in many categories now. Of course he is an Auburn professor...
There is that. His relevance to anything about Alabama football, socio or economic, is same as asking a veterinarian about Mrs. O'Leary's cow - even a cow college veterinarian ...

MG

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Funny, but I both respect and hate ND at the same time. This is a huge game. A win gets rid of some old demons; a loss is well just unthinkable. ND is well coached. They will play hard. They have good players. I hope for a well played game wherein we beat them by 50!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Just got done watching the 73 Sugar Bowl, what a game. I feel for the Bama folks that were around for that one, I was 5 at the time. Here's hoping our guys will TCB tomorrow night. Up doing laundry, baby has a stomach virus and made a mess of his crib sheets and blanket. He's thrown up twice and I almost lost it when I saw the end of the 73 game.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
I watched that game up north with a room full of Yankees, I was the only Tidefan there. It was awful.

I haven't had the stomach to watch it again even after all these years.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Not quite, but close to trying to find deeper meaning behind a game of tic-tac-toe! I don't like 'em because for any number of reasons but it doesn't stem from any deep-seeded angst about my Southern identity. It's primarily because they've always been treated well even when they were totally irrelevant and they've blended lucky and good to such a point that even when they beat us it was hard to tell which it really was! Would like to see a game tomorrow with no turnovers and well-executed on both sides and I think we win by three scores.

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I don't hate 'em. They're just another college team that's been irrevelant for over twenty years that's finally had a good season and everybody is all ga-ga about it.

Bamagator

Scout Team
Jan 12, 2000
I distinctly remember watching the Bear Bryant Show, probably in 1980, before his last game against ND. Charlie Thornton made reference to the next game being against "hated Notre Dame." Coach Bryant immediately bristled and said "I don't hate anybody." He then went on, we want to beat them but we don't need to hate anybody over a game, or something to that effect. Let's hope the vast majority of Bama fans show some class and we don't see a repeat of the post-game antics from (one individual) last year.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I distinctly remember watching the Bear Bryant Show, probably in 1980, before his last game against ND. Charlie Thornton made reference to the next game being against "hated Notre Dame." Coach Bryant immediately bristled and said "I don't hate anybody." He then went on, we want to beat them but we don't need to hate anybody over a game, or something to that effect. Let's hope the vast majority of Bama fans show some class and we don't see a repeat of the post-game antics from (one individual) last year.
The words "hate" and "hatred" are tossed around far too loosely. In my household, growing up, they were on the "prohibited" list...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.