The south Florida Saban haters are out in full force...

BFANLC

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
In a dream world
Lot of hate in that article, wonder why he is so different now than then ??? So he instructed his players to not go into bad locations and they didn't listen to their coach and then proceeded to go 6-10 and they wonder why he left. And you've got a guy commenting that had anger issues saying how he is still mad at Saban. Another brilliant article.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Thanks for the link. I am sure there are two sides to every story. I think CNS realizes and has admitted he could have handled the situation better; that is something we have all done at one time or another. It is time to let it go and move on.

GA Bamafan

1st Team
Oct 24, 2004
Pell City, AL
Most people have moved on. A few writers needing a column, and a few radio talk shows needing to fill dead air are most likely the majority of people still holding a grudge or fostering this lingering anger.

BTW I don't keep up with the NFL but how is Miami doing? Does that have something to do with this?

RammerJammer15

All-American
Sep 9, 2012
Most people have moved on. A few writers needing a column, and a few radio talk shows needing to fill dead air are most likely the majority of people still holding a grudge or fostering this lingering anger.

BTW I don't keep up with the NFL but how is Miami doing? Does that have something to do with this?
Well the best Miami did after Saban was 11-5, but now they have that new coach in a Tannehill is the QB, I think they are in rebuilding mode.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Thanks for the link. I am sure there are two sides to every story. I think CNS realizes and has admitted he could have handled the situation better; that is something we have all done at one time or another. It is time to let it go and move on.
He acknowledged that in the lengthy interview with LeBatard - the one where he had them eating out of his hand by the end. (Which they realized after the fact. ;))

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I just get totally sick of this stuff. Just so you know the local radio in Tampa & Miami all they ever want to do is get the coach fired Tampa ran off Dungy for goodness sake.

It sound like some of the self respect, manners, team chemistry CNS was trying to instill in this team of drug addicts & thugs was needed but not headed by all.

With 3 or 4 games left what was CNS suppose to say to a media that already hates him? No comment? Do you think for one minute they would stop at that?

Then too look at it this way take all the writer said a the full truth. Then CNS was a terrible NFL coach. He was not able to get the right player or turn around the ones he had. Just a horrible coach, right? So, wouldn't you be glad if a coach like this left? No matter what where! When, or How just get the heck out. I know I was happy to see Gruden gone. Not so much with Dungy.

So all Dolphin fans how are you doing 7 years after you cut out this cancer CNS? Have you been to the playoffs? Maybe they do spend to much time in South Beach after midnight I know a lot of Buc players love the strip joints here..

IMO CNS is NOT a good NFL coach, but is one of the Best at the College level, EVER. Mal Moore saw that & made it happen.

CNS is wher he belongs for the good of the Dolphins as well as the University of Alabama.
Maybe if Miami spent half the time looking for a receiver who could catch a football as they did crying about CNS lying to them they would be a better team. Oh, and sine then how mant coaches has the Dolphins fired? So, did they keep their word to these coaches? Think about it.
You would think people grown men could get over getting their wittle feeling hurt after7 years.

Sorry, I don't usually go on such a rant thanks fot letting me vent.

ROLL TIDE!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
This isn't just the football players. I've spoken with a lot of local Miamians (sp?) and while they may root for Bama over ND, they make their feelings known about Nick Saban. While we at Alabama revere him, they are instantly enraged at the mention of his name.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Miami has not won a Super Bowl since January 1974 but they're mad at Saban and blame him for problems?

Don Shula couldn't win a Super Bowl with Dan Marino. Nick Saban's burp of a tenure there is the least of their problems.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Miami has not won a Super Bowl since January 1974 but they're mad at Saban and blame him for problems?

Don Shula couldn't win a Super Bowl with Dan Marino. Nick Saban's burp of a tenure there is the least of their problems.
Don Shula hanging around Miami is not much different than Pat Dye at Auburn.

Crimson Cat

FB Moderator
Nov 26, 2006
Alabama
Granted I don't follow the NFL much, but I can't remember the last time the Dolphins were relevant...maybe when Marino was there? And they still couldn't win a superbowl.
I don't get the out-rage towards Saban unless its jealous-oriented that he's done such an impeccable job at BAMA. Even then, it doesn't make sense they still feel that way years later.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Yep...
Sounds like the folks down there need to MOVE ON and get a life.
OR
Is there no life in Miami w/o Coach Saban.
They obviously have to hate someone, it's a shame they can't spare some of that hate
for the NFL teams they play.

Airborne Tider

All-American
Aug 2, 2008
Fort Benning
I have consistently found it funny that Miami writers and fans have said what a failure CNS was as the Dolphins head coach but are also so traumatized and vengeful about him leaving. Seems counter intuitive to me. We're glad to have him and apparently they were glad to get rid of him. Win-win.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

BamaSam1

Scout Team
Dec 12, 2011
I have been an Alabama and Miami Dolphins fan since I knew what football was. For the record let me state that I have absolutely no problem with the way CNS handled leaving Miami for Alabama.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
They hate Coach Saban because they see what he was able to do at Bama in such a short amount of time. They realize that if they had just listened to him and bought into his process, that they might have won a SB or at least been close to competing for one. They realize that a great coach got away from them and they really hate themselves for it, but project it onto CNS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.