Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Recipes

Cecil's take and Tommy Deas' take...

Last edited by TIDE-HSV; January 6th, 2013 at 08:36 AM.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Would make sense that the fightin' Amish are more loose, relaxed, etc....

I'm really curious to see how 'tight' we play early. But remember that old clip that Saban has, where he explains that if he's intense, it's generally because the guys are NOT; and if he's loose, it's because he thinks the guys get it? (Paraphrasing big time)

Coach has been really loose.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American

Re: Cecil's take and Tommy Deas' take...

Two very good articles that are refreshing after reading the national media. Thank you for posting the links.

Loved the second article from Deas.

My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Great insights into practice and the different approaches taken by the two teams. The 4th period reminded me of what they used to say about "middle drill" when Coach Stallings was in Tuscaloosa.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Time is so dangerous for fans. We worry about every little detail -- and wonder about it's impact on the game. I too have gotten lost in the massive amounts of "goo" that comes from yahoo, espn, etc.

The things that still stand out to me:

Vegas Line: -10 (or so)
    Is the ND offense better than A&M? No - not even close

Their Offense may max out at 13 points --

We just have to score 14 --

When have we NOT scored 14 points?

Even if the Defenses are a PUSH

Our Offense is better -- in some ways -- much better

Bama 22
    ND 13
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamanut_aj View Post
    Would make sense that the fightin' Amish are more loose, relaxed, etc....

I'm really curious to see how 'tight' we play early. But remember that old clip that Saban has, where he explains that if he's intense, it's generally because the guys are NOT; and if he's loose, it's because he thinks the guys get it? (Paraphrasing big time)

Coach has been really loose.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just saw his interview session this morning on ESPN, the beginning anyway. He looks relaxed, complimenting the Orange Bowl committee and at the same time he looked determined to get the team to see where he is coming from at this point. He has shifted gears a little as he always does at the time. I can't wait to see how the team responds tomorrow night.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    Tired on TideFans.com

Both good articles, especially Deas for its insights into practice and the attitude of the players. In the interviews I've seen from the players, I don't get a sense of overly serious or uptight but one of preparedness. I like what I'm hearing from everyone and the demeanor of the team. I don't believe over-confidence comes into play but I do believe that this group knows that if they do what they are capable of doing they will be successful. Bama 27-10.

Both, very good articles by two very good writers. Like Cecil pointed out...we won't really if the team is too tight, or just ready for business until the game.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

23 SEC CHAMPIONSHIPS

My take on what's coming: Saban will paint his masterpiece.

The best coach in college ball, with three successful trips to the Title Game under his belt...

Each trip has made him a better coach. He never stops learning or improving.

And here we are, up against Notre Dang, of all teams, with everything up for grabs. Coach Bryant's nemesis, served on a silver platter.

The pressure Saban must feel from his own expectations must be sky high, and I'm expecting him and his team to bring their "A" game...Saban will paint his masterpiece.
    Last edited by Chukker Veteran; January 6th, 2013 at 10:20 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

THIS!!!!

Some teams plan to get here. Coach Saban plans to win here.

Quote Originally Posted by Chukker Veteran View Post
    My take on what's coming: Saban will paint his masterpiece.

The best coach in college ball, with three successful trips to the Title Game under his belt...

Each trip has made him a better coach. He never stops learning or improving.

And here we are, up against Notre Dang, of all teams, with everything up for grabs. Coach Bryant's nemesis, served on a silver platter.

The pressure Saban must feel from his own expectations must be sky high, and I'm expecting him and his team to bring their "A" game...Saban will paint his masterpiece.
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Cat View Post
    Loved the second article from Deas.
    Same - didn't really care for Hurt's piece, though I generally like his stuff.

BamaNation First Team 4thGenBamaGrad's Avatar

All I will say is that the Notre Dame fans down here are pretty complacent--I get the sense that they will be neither surprised or devestated if they lose tomorrow. They appear to be just enjoying the fact that their team has returned to the national scene and celebrating a great year.

So it makes sense that the team is loose as well.

A loose team is only dangerous as long as they think they're in the game. So let's hope we come out strong and physical.

RTR!!!

"Coach, if you need one yard, I'll get you three yards. If you need five yards, I'll get you three yards."
    Leroy Hoard