Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American BamaDMD's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Cecil's take and Tommy Deas' take...

Thanks for the links. I would love to be a fly on the wall at a fourth period practice. That might almost be as good as an SEC game...

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Cecil's take and Tommy Deas' take...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    You should see two. Deas' is second. Here it is again: LINK
    Just read this. I can't imagine what goes on in those 12 minutes. Seems like a grown man "Oklahoma" battle. I'm glad this helps though.

BamaNation All-SEC

Yes, Coach Bryant ran lower gym, which really was downstairs. Word has always been it was brutal. This sounds like the sort of program that makes the difference though. Alabama's defense has faced the best line in the nation every time this drill started. Barrett Jones may see better NGs, but not much better. Cecil, like all writers, is better some days than others. However, he is mostly excellent and has forgotten more secret stuff about the Alabama sports program than most people here will ever know, and not just football, either. I agree that he is well-respected and not just among local sports journalists. Full disclosure, Cecil was a college classmate and I personally like and admire him.
    Roll Tide

The offensive players complain about Saban's restarting the clock when the defense doesn't please him. I think this is different from a drill. It's really a mini-scrimmage each practice. Many times, Coach Bryant admitted that he'd worked the guys too hard and they'd lost their legs. Saban takes care not to commit that sin...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    "Lower Gym"
    Part of that conditioning included running sprints around the upper ring inside Memorial Coliseum until you wanted to puke.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

From Cecil Hurt's piece: "The Crimson Tide is bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced in these situations, facts which aren't about being disrespectful to Notre Dame."

I don't know about the stronger and faster, but from what I've read, Notre Dame is bigger.

Am I wrong?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    From Cecil Hurt's piece: "The Crimson Tide is bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced in these situations, facts which aren't about being disrespectful to Notre Dame."

I don't know about the stronger and faster, but from what I've read, Notre Dame is bigger.

Am I wrong?
    Bigger where? Maybe on the D-line and that's just a maybe...

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Bigger where? Maybe on the D-line and that's just a maybe...
    Well I really think it's a wash. On a thread earlier today I read something about ND's defensive front 7 weighing 1900 pounds. So I looked it up and our front 7 weighs 1883 and theirs weighs 1928 if I remember the numbers correctly.

The question I'm asking, is where are we bigger? Running back?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Well I really think it's a wash. On a thread earlier today I read something about ND's defensive front 7 weighing 1900 pounds. So I looked it up and our front 7 weighs 1883 and theirs weighs 1928 if I remember the numbers correctly.

O line at least. Nobody is bigger than Lacy though.

BamaNation Hall of Fame RJ YellowHammer's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Cecil calling Bama "tight" or "all business" doesnt bother me at all. I'm sure they're feeling the weight of expectations, but I've seen these same observations about a CNS coached Alabama team before. Media members were saying the same thing leading up to the 09 SECCG. I like it.
    "This is not the end. This is the beginning." - Nick Saban, at the 2009 NC celebration at B-D.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Man.....I would love to be a fly on the wall during one of the 4th period work-outs.
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaDMD View Post
    Thanks for the links. I would love to be a fly on the wall at a fourth period practice. That might almost be as good as an SEC game...

Sorry, BamaD.....I posted before I read yours....great minds think alike!
    "Bryant can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n." -- Houston Oiler head coach Bum Phillips, a former player under Coach Bryant

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

How does their line stack up vs Ga? I know GA has a big nose tackle just like them, though it keeps being said Jones hasn't faced a Nt like Nix...???