Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Re: Team movie tonight?

Zero Dark Thirty is a really good movie as it relates to attention to detail, working as a team to defeat a common enemy, etc. Not an epic movie but very watchable.

Also have to say I enjoyed Django although it has significant use of the n word which was in common usage at the time period of the movie. It actually has some quite humerous episodes in it but also has some really brutal acts. Of course, the movie ends with Django taking care of all the bad guys and rides off into the sunset with his lady.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Team movie tonight?

Zero Dark 30 looks like it will be the one.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I started to reply to 92 that it was a bowl game tradition...
    i know, i was being snarky about people finding stuff to worry about
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    oh man, i hate reading about this. i've been pretty confident about our team going into this game, but if we are having to watch a team movie to get everyone in the proper frame of mind, now i feel that we are not going to play our best and will get beaten by the more focused notre dame /
    Don't worry about them being ready...I'm hearing that Saban is bringing in motivational speaker Matt Foley to speak to them before the game....

Last edited by deliveryman35; January 6th, 2013 at 06:30 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    Don't worry about them being ready...I'm hearing that Saban is bringing in motivational speaker Matt Foley to speak to them before the game....
    that'll get them going

i haven't worried about bama being ready for a game since the blackout game in athens, 2008.

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation All-American Al A Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post

This should get them ready. No one wants to be living in a van down by the Black Warrior River.

That movie could also be the final thing to get them focused. We've got to go in and get that football from those Irishmen and keep it away from them. Go after that football like Bin Laden has it.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, Give me Liberty, or give me Death!" Patrick Henry

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    i know, i was being snarky about people finding stuff to worry about
    What? You being snarky about other people's worries? I'm quite surprised!
    The Concord Blue Devils, 15-Time World Champions: 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, and 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

“Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music.” ― Sergei Rachmaninoff

“The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    What? You being snarky about other people's worries? I'm quite surprised!
    ive got to pass the time til kickoff somehow

-Bertrand Russell

— Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

The players have tweeted it is Zero Dark Thirty.
    Roll Tide

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Team movie tonight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I know that they got "Red Tails" before it was released anywhere...
    They brought Red Tails to the hotel for them last year. Might have been the same this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think it's out here yet either. They got an advance showing of "Red Tails" last year. I don't see anything unusual in getting an advance on "Zero" this year. It's good PR for the producers...
    This certainly falls within my area of knowledge...

It's been out in limited release since December 19th, in order to qualify for the 2013 Academy Awards. Nominations for the Oscars closed on January 4th, and the nominations will be announced on January 10th.

The film goes into wide release on January 11th.

So, Columbia's PR department has a bunch of ads with "Nominated for X Academy Awards" ready to blitz on the 10th in time for the wide release. Also, the film will have been wide for 6 weeks when the awards are handed out on February 24th, and will still be in wide release to get a bump in attendance if it wins Best Picture.

And yes, a distributor's marketing department will gladly supply a screening for the free advertising that it provides.
    Last edited by 9jack9; January 7th, 2013 at 05:18 AM.