Team movie tonight?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It isn't out here yet (opens Friday). Is it out in some theaters?
Don't think it's out here yet either. They got an advance showing of "Red Tails" last year. I don't see anything unusual in getting an advance on "Zero" this year. It's good PR for the producers...

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Zero Dark Thirty is a really good movie as it relates to attention to detail, working as a team to defeat a common enemy, etc. Not an epic movie but very watchable.

Also have to say I enjoyed Django although it has significant use of the n word which was in common usage at the time period of the movie. It actually has some quite humerous episodes in it but also has some really brutal acts. Of course, the movie ends with Django taking care of all the bad guys and rides off into the sunset with his lady.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
oh man, i hate reading about this. i've been pretty confident about our team going into this game, but if we are having to watch a team movie to get everyone in the proper frame of mind, now i feel that we are not going to play our best and will get beaten by the more focused notre dame /
Don't worry about them being ready...I'm hearing that Saban is bringing in motivational speaker Matt Foley to speak to them before the game....

Last edited:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Don't worry about them being ready...I'm hearing that Saban is bringing in motivational speaker Matt Foley to speak to them before the game....

This should get them ready. No one wants to be living in a van down by the Black Warrior River.

That movie could also be the final thing to get them focused. We've got to go in and get that football from those Irishmen and keep it away from them. Go after that football like Bin Laden has it.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

9jack9

Scout Team
Jan 14, 2007
United States
Don't think it's out here yet either. They got an advance showing of "Red Tails" last year. I don't see anything unusual in getting an advance on "Zero" this year. It's good PR for the producers...
This certainly falls within my area of knowledge...

It's been out in limited release since December 19th, in order to qualify for the 2013 Academy Awards. Nominations for the Oscars closed on January 4th, and the nominations will be announced on January 10th.

The film goes into wide release on January 11th.

So, Columbia's PR department has a bunch of ads with "Nominated for X Academy Awards" ready to blitz on the 10th in time for the wide release. Also, the film will have been wide for 6 weeks when the awards are handed out on February 24th, and will still be in wide release to get a bump in attendance if it wins Best Picture.

And yes, a distributor's marketing department will gladly supply a screening for the free advertising that it provides.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.