Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Tide&True's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Would a win on Monday be UA's biggest win ever?

I go back through all the Bear years and up to the present. Honestly, this just doesn't have that feel to it. I'm not saying we couldn't lose to ND but I just don't see them as formidable as previous national championships. Having said all that I think this Bama team has a lot to overcome....they have been here three of the last four years and complacency can set in. For this team to come out and take care of business may be a bigger feat than the previous championships. I've watched this year's ND team play several games and I just cannot ascribe the same "worry factor" to them as previous NC teams we have played. That may work in ND's favor (let's hope not). I'm not trying to poo poo ND or what they have achieved but I think Oregon or Texas A&M would give us much more trouble than ND will. From the standpoint of history it may have more significance than anything. I still sting from losses to ND in the past. If our young players could borrow my feelings for a while they would understand the significance better than they may now. All these things aside this Bama team has a chance to make history Monday night.
    "They've got a name for the winners in the world....they call Alabama the Crimson Tide"
    -Steely Dan

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by gmart74 View Post
    they are not just another team. i want to destroy them and send them to a 20 yr decline just like we did to miami.
    I get that, but they are only what you let them be. If you let them be your bogey man, they will be - forever - even if you beat them tomorrow.

BamaNation All-American

It will be a great win for sure but it is impossible to label any win as the biggest ever for Alabama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Would a win on Monday be UA's biggest win ever?

they are not just another team. i want to destroy them and send them to a 20 yr decline just like we did to miami.
    This is the way I feel, but we do it in a humble manner.
    ROLL TIDE!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Big A Re: Would a win on Monday be UA's biggest win ever?

Nice thread Pep. I don't think there is any such thing as "biggest win" at Alabama anymore. It would be a great win and another jewel in the crown of our most recent legendary coach. It would solidify the word "Dynasty" attached to our program. But Alabama has had so many great wins in our storied history that there is no way one could be any more significant than any other. At this point it is just another trophy in The Bryant Museum.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    1926 Rose Bowl changed college football forever - that was your biggest win.
    With your history, I agree, but even then I find it hard the believe that you guys believe this one to be more important than last year's given the Tuscaloosa tornado devastation. Yeah, it is Notre Dame - but they are now just another team.
    I get that, but they are only what you let them be. If you let them be your bogey man, they will be - forever - even if you beat them tomorrow.
    You may as well start saying 'we' instead of 'you'.

And I wish some of our regular posters had your view of things.

RTR
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBama View Post
    Texas University, as sung in the Aggie War Hymn
    Folks from Kansas, and even some Kentucky folk refer to their schools as "KU." I still like The University of Auburn..."
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

I think that's already accomplished. It's really mostly us older guys that feel that way. They frustrated us multiple times and there are some of the factors quoted in the Forde article, although I don't agree with all of it...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I think that's already accomplished. It's really mostly us older guys that feel that way. They frustrated us multiple times and there are some of the factors quoted in the Forde article, although I don't agree with all of it...
    How would it make you feel though?
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think this would be if not THE then one of the biggest wins for CNS.

I think the coaching job this year with the loss of REAL talent to the NFL & then later to injuries, is one of the best adjustments I have ever seen. Not a dig but this team is not as talented as the 2010 but has performed much better as a team. The offense is not just out there to not screw up but they score points. The DB's have taken flack all year but allow under 200 yes a game. To me it is by far his best coaching effort, with real buy in from the team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame gmart74's Avatar
    My Mood
    Innocent on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    This is the way I feel, but we do it in a humble manner.
    there isnt anything humble about sticking some ridell through someone.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

there isnt anything humble about sticking some ridell through someone.
    Do it with a smile then...
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Yeah, my Dad talked to me about all of his frustrations with respect Notre Dame. I guess that is where my dislike for ND started, but it matured as an OSU fan. Believe it or not, most of the Midwest is pulling for Alabama tomorrow. Maybe not for Alabama exactly, but for a Notre Dame loss. The enemy of your enemy...