Question: Would a win on Monday be UA's biggest win ever?

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
NOW starts the biggest season/games in Alabama history. Winning out would be epic and unequaled by anybody in any era.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I thought it was ND in 46,47&49!
Oh yah, duh, dunno how I screwed that one up. Pre-1950, the NCAA doesn't recognize consensus champions and both Army ('46) and Michigan ('47) have legitimate claims to NCs.

So yah, we're still the first team in history to win three consensus NCs in four years.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I don't know if it would be Bama's biggest win, but for me personally it would be the most satisfying.
I think Chukker had it right. The 1971 win against Southern Cal still seems like "the biggest" win in my memory. Close behind, NCG's vs PSU, Texas, & LSU.
Also, I think the 2008 kickoff game against Clemson was a game that signaled a huge turnaround for Bama's program, like the '71 So Cal game did.
Still, what was Alabama football before the '26 Rose Bowl?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Personally I think the 08 lsu and 09 Florida games stand out to me cuz if u really look at it from 00 to 06 we really looked 10 years behind everyone but those games changed d SEC

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
The BCS vs LSU is the biggest win. Consider the perception of our program had we lost to them twice in the same year. It would've meant 3 in a row and the LSU fans, my goodness.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I don't know if it was our biggest win, but for me it was my most enjoyable. This win eliminated the 1 point losses from the past against ND. My dad used to get so nervous during games like this, but I would like to think even he enjoyed this one from Heaven. RTR!

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
In my mind, this win was no bigger than '09 or '11 and it won't be any bigger than this year if we are able to win it again. It may not be the biggest win, but the most significant win in the Saban era is '08 Georgia game, IMO. That win marked the beginning of an unprecedented run that none of us could have ever imagined. It also signaled that Bama was truly back after a long 10+ year nap.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I don't know if it was the biggest UA win ever, but I still have a Texas sized smile on my face because of how our players treated the Irish on the football field.

It was a GREAT win! I only wish Coach Saban would stay here until we have a total winning record against those Media Darlings.

I just may have to go watch that game again on DVR to get ready for the coming season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.