Question: Would a win on Monday be UA's biggest win ever?

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Is this our biggest game ever? There have been many enormous wins in UA's historic past, numerous championships, epic rival victories and even a few unbelievable come from behind wins. All of those wins were the biggest at the time in many fans eyes. However, this year championship game on Monday may in fact have the makings to become the greatest game in Alabama football lore. When you just look at what all is at stake in this game i cant think of any other game that can compare to what kind of impact a win over "Bama's biggest adversary of all time". Win or lose there is so much at stake in this game, impact on the program, its history, tradition, the SEC , Nick Saban, back to back BCS, 3 out of 4, quieting ND's mystique, recruiting, etc.

I know some will probably site other games in the past and why they may be Bama's biggest ever but with everything this game represents i honestly cant see how any other game in our past would be a bigger win.

Lets complete the process! RTR

Last edited:

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
Wasn't around when we were struggling for an identity and won several Rose Bowls but would believe that without those wins, Bama would have had a lesser opportunity to take on a national prominence. Conversely if we lose tomorrow, it won't be our biggest loss either as our prowess over the last 5 years and our coach will keep us chasing the crystal ball for some time to come.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I don't know if it would be Bama's biggest win, but for me personally it would be the most satisfying.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
1926 Rose Bowl changed college football forever - that was your biggest win.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Maybe the question should be changed to our biggest win in recent years.

To me..it would be the biggest. Not really based on who we played, but what it meant. (back to back championships). I am too young for the ND history part of it.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
It would shut up the media for starters, bring the Golden Domers back down to earth, and give an opportunity for those juniors staying, another chance to defend the NC for 2013.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
I knew I would get some of the above responses with this question and of course 1926 was huge. But its like building a record breaking tall building. Sure the foundation is super important but that highest point of the building is the biggest most important piece.

IMO you don't have a greatest win in your schools history (1926) and then say no other win in the future could ever be as big. Sure they can. For one the competition is much tougher now for starters. Records are made to be broken, biggest wins are there to strive to have bigger ones. What game got Bama the most respect? 1926, what game opened the most doors? 1926. Bust biggest win in out schools history? I think you have to take everything into account when choosing.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The biggest win in my lifetime was 92 vs Miami......

The second biggest win in my lifetime (to me) was the 2010 win VS Mich State -- because that signaled we were not One and Done and then ride off into the sunset -- it told the whole world -- "UH OH" -- that victory VS Mich State did more to help us win in 2011 than anyone ever imagined.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Maybe the question should be changed to our biggest win in recent years.
With your history, I agree, but even then I find it hard the believe that you guys believe this one to be more important than last year's given the Tuscaloosa tornado devastation. Yeah, it is Notre Dame - but they are now just another team.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The biggest win in my lifetime was 92 vs Miami......

The second biggest win in my lifetime (to me) was the 2010 win VS Mich State -- because that signaled we were not One and Done and then ride off into the sunset -- it told the whole world -- "UH OH" -- that victory VS Mich State did more to help us win in 2011 than anyone ever imagined.
There has never been a college team that would have beaten Bama on 01/01/2011.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
We've had a lot of big wins, it would be impossible for me to say which was the biggest. Obviously, any win that gives you a national championship is going to be big and beating a team with so much tradition of their own that has caused us a lot of grief in the past is going to be even bigger.

Strangely, the top ten list would likely not include any wins over the Barn, our biggest rival. Maybe the 315 game, but that has nothing to do with them. It made it even sweeter, but if #315 had been against Ole Miss, it still would have been big.

Last edited:

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Not even close. A win this year would dwarf last years.
I respectfully disagree because losing to LSU twice in the same season would have been a major setback as far as national image and especially in the eyes of recruits. Everyone would have been saying Les Miles had Coach Sabans number. The fallout would have been almost unbearable.

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
We lose tomorrow and the flack will also dwarf the flack from losing to LSU twice. 2x as many people will be watching this years game and probably 80 percent are pulling against us. Even if we lost to LSU, the SEC still won and most would have said no big deal because they had already beat us once

You are trying to compare a potential win to a loss that did not happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.