What Bama Player is "Lurking" as a possible MVP Candidate?

What Bama Player is "Lurking" in the shadows as a possible MVP Candidate?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
What Bama player is "lurking in the shadows" to step up on the Big Stage and could possibly be an MVP Candidate --

Let's consider someone other than - Lacy, Yeldon, Cooper, AJ, the OL, Millner, and CJ --- as with our previous big games, someone "BIG" has stepped up to be a huge contributor -- (Darius -- and then -- Shelley)

Thoughts?

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It will be one of them, IMO - probably Lacy. I think he has 150+ yards.

ETA - Voted for Norwood - he is a big game receiver.

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I think the DB's have been the guys that have been the most disrespected since the SECCG. I look for Robert Lester to have a big game.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Sorry if the OP was confusing -- I am looking for someone OTHER than the main candidates (like Lacy, Cooper, Yeldon, AJ and Millner)

Someone that might be "lurking" as an unexpected MVP choice

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Of the guys not listed, Vinnie will be the key. He's a linebacker playing safety. He'll be key in neutralizing ND's two biggest offensive weapons (the TE Eiffert and the RB #6 who's really good catching the ball out of the backfield). So Vinnie is big enough (being a small LB playing safety) to muscle up with Eiffert at the line, but his coverage skills could use some help. He'll also be instrumental in containing the QB and keeping him from making plays with his feet outside the pocket.

In addition, Xzavier Dickson and Adrian Hubbard are gonna have to play the games of their lives. We HAVE to pressure this young QB and force him into as many mistakes as humanly possible.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
In this case.... I would say... Geno Smith... He could be a huge factor in t
What Bama player is "lurking in the shadows" to step up on the Big Stage and could possibly be an MVP Candidate --

Let's consider someone other than - Lacy, Yeldon, Cooper, AJ, the OL, Millner, and CJ --- as with our previous big games, someone "BIG" has stepped up to be a huge contributor -- (Darius -- and then -- Shelley)

Thoughts?

AmeliaGayle

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 29, 2012
Mobile, AL
I voted for Robert Lester. They're going to be putting double moves on us all day long and someone is going to have to disrupt that. Similar to the play Arenas made vs Tebow in the SECCG, I just have a feeling that Lester is going to make a decisive play to close out the game. With him coming back for his senior season to lead the secondary, I think it's his time to make a difference.

On offense, I would have voted for Barrett Jones.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Of the guys not listed, Vinnie will be the key. He's a linebacker playing safety. He'll be key in neutralizing ND's two biggest offensive weapons (the TE Eiffert and the RB #6 who's really good catching the ball out of the backfield). So Vinnie is big enough (being a small LB playing safety) to muscle up with Eiffert at the line, but his coverage skills could use some help. He'll also be instrumental in containing the QB and keeping him from making plays with his feet outside the pocket.

In addition, Xzavier Dickson and Adrian Hubbard are gonna have to play the games of their lives. We HAVE to pressure this young QB and force him into as many mistakes as humanly possible.
In that regard, I think Pagan may see more PT than usual in this game.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

I feel football smart now, I voted for Hubbard before reading your post. :)

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Id say fluker and steen. I believe nd thinks they are a weak spot. Yes lacy will get a bunch of yards and be named mvp but he'll hand it over to fluker and steen. We are going to have to tackle well if we are going to win this game. No shoulder bumps no arm tacklng.

jcabama

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Bonaire GA
I love the play of Norwood--the true hero of the LSU game in my mind. This time with the focus on Coop, his stepping up will be big and will get noticed!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.