View Poll Results: Kick or Receive first?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kick off first half

53 71.62%
  • Receive first half.

21 28.38%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Suspended
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Re: Do you want to kick or receive first half?

Kickoff.....set the tone on D.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Receive--the aggressor sets the tone.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

My Mood
    Cynical on TideFans.com

I honestly couldn't care less as IMO, the coin toss is basically meaningless as to the outcome of the game. Unless there is a weather reason, it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Minedweller View Post
    Kick off first half. Put immediate pressure on their RS freshman QB to start the game. A no brainer.
    Their QB will be up all night tonight....and by the time the game rolls around he might wish he were wearing depends...Kick the ball and let it all hang out D. The media has talked so much about their defense show them who really had the number 1 DEFENSE in the nation.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Do you want to kick or receive first half?

In a game like this, I like our O to have the ball first to shake out the jitters. Start beating on their D early and often.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Do you want to kick or receive first half?

Bama tends to receive when winning the toss. I'd expect the same tomorrow night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    Sleepy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Minedweller View Post
    Kick off first half. Put immediate pressure on their RS freshman QB to start the game. A no brainer.
    In the best case scenario, we receive and put together a good scoring drive while Golson watches. I want him to realize the entire game is on his shoulders the moment he takes his first snap.

I would rather receive drive down the field punch em in the mouth and show them they're not all everybody puts them out to be.

My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

I would like to see the "D" on the field first. We can bend a little then force a punt.
    THEN let OUR "O" on the field and watch the fireworks start. PLUS we get the ball first in the second half. THEN we show ND who the real national champions SHOULD be!!!
    #15 for the TIDE!!!!!!
    (or is it #10 per ESPNazi??)

ROLL TIDE!!!!!
    ....."The price of victory is high but so are the rewards"....
    Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I to prefer to defer!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    " I THOUGHT THIS MUST BE WHAT GOD LOOKS LIKE."

GEORGE BLANDA
    in talking about Coach Paul Bryant

Alabama is 2- and 3-deep all over the place with full grown, meaner-than-he!! men. It's almost not fair making college kids play against them. Any Saban-coached team is going to be deep as he!! with recruits that have elite size, strength and experience at their position and they are going to play with incredible physicality.
    I support PAWS.

BamaNation All-American Crimson Flyboy's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Take the ball and set the tone early. Plus, it gives us a chance to gain field position in the 2nd half when field position becomes more of an issue.
    שלום
    Pax
    Peace

"The sole object and only legitimate end of government is to protect the citizen in the enjoyment of life, liberty, and property, and when the government assumes other functions, it is usurpation and oppression."

"I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor will I ever ask another man to live for the sake of mine."

"Any man who strives for free inquiry, free thought, and self ownership is my brother and countryman."

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar

If we kicked off out of the end zone a lot I'd say defer. But I don't want to see us do a short kick-off and them run it back to the 35-40 to open the game. They would immediately be in charge of the field position battle. For that reason...I say take the ball.
    sip

BamaNation Second Team RollTideMustang's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RollTideMang View Post
    Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are here. Usually I would say that I want to receive first, but I really hope we kick first this game. I feel like if we can get a quick 3 and out from the ND offense, it will fire our offense up to get a touchdown.

What do you all think? Kick or receive first?
    Hard to say Hmmmmmmm........If we get ball first & Notre Dame stop us on our first set of downs will set momentum for Notre Dame for sure...All month the Media talk about Notre Dame this & that as I see they want them to win. I call this mind set which I am sure Notre Dame will come in strongly with nothing to lose & undefeated so it's all on there side. I say we kick to the them first.