Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Anniston, Alabama
    Posts
    8,217
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

    Coach Saban Provides Players Opportunity, Then Expects The Best

    Pretty awesome article from the SN..

    Here's The Link..CLICK ME

    "He never lied to me; that's the one thing I've always respected about coach Saban," Cooper said. "Some coaches will look at you and tell you that we're going to play you here or here on the first day of practice. He looks at you and says you've got to earn it. To me, as a player, that's all you can ask for. Because in the end, it's up to you."

  2. Advertisement
  3. #2
    BamaNation All-SEC bamagradinATL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    McKinney, TX
    Posts
    1,702
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Coach Saban Provides Players Opportunity, Then Expects The Best

    Nice article. Someone needs to tell the SN, I-459 isn't in Tuscaloosa.

  4. #3
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Anniston, Alabama
    Posts
    8,217
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: Coach Saban Provides Players Opportunity, Then Expects The Best

    Quote Originally Posted by bamagradinATL View Post
    Nice article. Someone needs to tell the SN, I-459 isn't in Tuscaloosa.
    HAHA..Good catch..I missed that the 1st time I read it..

  5. #4
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Tide1986's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Birmingham, AL
    Posts
    8,522
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

    Re: Coach Saban Provides Players Opportunity, Then Expects The Best

    Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Pretty awesome article from the SN..

    Here's The Link..CLICK ME

    "He never lied to me; that's the one thing I've always respected about coach Saban," Cooper said. "Some coaches will look at you and tell you that we're going to play you here or here on the first day of practice. He looks at you and says you've got to earn it. To me, as a player, that's all you can ask for. Because in the end, it's up to you."
    I believe that's the "secret" to his recruiting prowess -- setting the right expectations from the very beginning. It's how Saban gets the right players.
    The Concord Blue Devils, 16-Time World Champions: 2014 (99.65), 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2003, 1999, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1986, 1982, 1980, 1979, 1977, & 1976. Enriching the lives of young people through a commitment to youth development and performance excellence.

    “The discovery of a wine is of greater moment than the discovery of a constellation. The universe is too full of stars.” ― Benjamin Franklin

  6. #5
    BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Anniston, Alabama
    Posts
    8,217
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com
    Thread Starter

    Re: Coach Saban Provides Players Opportunity, Then Expects The Best

    Quote Originally Posted by Tide1986 View Post
    I believe that's the "secret" to his recruiting prowess -- setting the right expectations from the very beginning. It's how Saban gets the right players.
    Exactly..Coach Saban's approach attracts players that wants to earn his way to the field & not handed to him..That's what creates a championship program..Gotta love "The Process"..

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
'Gear UP! Get your University of Alabama Crimson Tide National Championship & Football Dynasty Gear!