Link: Coach Saban Provides Players Opportunity, Then Expects The Best

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Pretty awesome article from the SN..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

"He never lied to me; that's the one thing I've always respected about coach Saban," Cooper said. "Some coaches will look at you and tell you that we're going to play you here or here on the first day of practice. He looks at you and says you've got to earn it. To me, as a player, that's all you can ask for. Because in the end, it's up to you."

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Pretty awesome article from the SN..

Here's The Link..CLICK ME

"He never lied to me; that's the one thing I've always respected about coach Saban," Cooper said. "Some coaches will look at you and tell you that we're going to play you here or here on the first day of practice. He looks at you and says you've got to earn it. To me, as a player, that's all you can ask for. Because in the end, it's up to you."
I believe that's the "secret" to his recruiting prowess -- setting the right expectations from the very beginning. It's how Saban gets the right players.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I believe that's the "secret" to his recruiting prowess -- setting the right expectations from the very beginning. It's how Saban gets the right players.
Exactly..Coach Saban's approach attracts players that wants to earn his way to the field & not handed to him..That's what creates a championship program..Gotta love "The Process"..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.