Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESPN team has its marching orders - diss Bama...

Having watched ESPN pump us up since before the Michigan game I would have to believe they may have run out of material. ESPNs bias begins and ends with what people are gonna tune in to watch. It's just inside of 24 hours til kickoff of what will be the most anticipated game of my life. They could show straight static til then and I would still check in every half hour to see if something changed.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC CrimsonForce's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Cool on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Oh, good grief! You're forced to take a WR and turn him into a skinny RB and it's an advantage?
    Lol I was thinking the same thing. Commentators get so excited/enamored when a player plays two positions. Its normally because he isn't really good at either one, but average at both.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ESPN team has its marching orders...

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    If you think that because I started the thread, you're dead wrong. I was running away from sitcoms with laugh tracks and ran across this...
    Welcome to my world, Earle.

The price I pay for having had upgraded the home theatre set-up to now include a 60" plasma - to watch Bama football, of course - is having to endure my g/f and her son's penchant for such shows.

I simply cannot abide them.

Unfortunately, I don't get ESPN up here in Canada - though tomorrow's game will be picked up by a Canadian cable sports channel...

I plan on DVR'g the game, but gather from what I'm seeing in this thread that I should probably not bother recording the 1/2 hour pre-game?
    Last edited by Rush; January 6th, 2013 at 08:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

All of the "stories" in this show are from the season or right after the season. None seem to be new.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Re: ESPN team has its marching orders...

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    ESPN is a business.
    ND has a nation audience, that they are playing to.
    Add to that, the "SEC fatigue" audience, and color me unsurprised that ESPN would pander to those audiences.
    The pander to USCw for much the same reason, not that the pandering did the Trojans much good.
    ^^THIS^^

Anyone who was around in the 60s and 70s knows the drill. It's not surprising.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Paranoid on TideFans.com

I watched some sort of special on ABC yesterday. It was ridiculous, yes they threw in some Alabama stuff but it was like 10 minute filmed segment on Notre Dame, 2 minute filmed segment on Alabama. They also interviewed coaches, Nick Saban, Brian Kelly, Lou Holtz, and Aria howeveryouspellit.

That's right, they interviewed four coaches, only one of them coached at Alabama.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com

ESPN team has its marching orders - diss Bama...

Quote Originally Posted by bamadp View Post
    ^^THIS^^

Anyone who was around in the 60s and 70s knows the drill. It's not surprising.
    Just gotta beat them!
    ROLL TIDE!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

The show was mostly about ND, but all three guys picked us. Haha.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    Yes, at the end...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMom2Boys's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post

I thought I heard that Holtz picked us as well. Is that right? I guess Espn figures they have to please the ND fans in some way.

Kind of like how Pollack was praising UGA all week before the SECCG but come Saturday morning, he picked us to win.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame GreatDanish's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, since ND has the NBC deal, it would seem they might prefer to shine the light on Alabama.
    The only time I watch ESPN is when I am working out at the gym, and I have seen discussions about whether Alabama is a dynasty or not, where Saban ranks among the all time greats, how dominant Alabama's defense has been to have ranked where it has the last several years, and basically, just how we are the best program around.
    I mean, it's not like ESPN ignores us. But, they have done these specials on us three of the last four years. It is understandable they might give Notre Dame a little more air time.

and, no I am not watching what is on now.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Angelic on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TideMom2Boys View Post
    I thought I heard that Holtz picked us as well. Is that right? I guess Espn figures they have to please the ND fans in some way.

Kind of like how Pollack was praising UGA all week before the SECCG but come Saturday morning, he picked us to win.

I haven't heard who Lou picked. He knows deep down who the best team is.
    So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamacon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN team has its marching orders - diss Bama...

Desmond Howard has been the most honest. He was shaking his head at times when the others were lathering it on thick for the Irish. When they droned on about Golson he said to compare him to AJ was ridiculous. Said he never remembered AJ bein yanked in 5 games so the team wouldn't lose. I thought he was the most honest in the early show.