Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

Re: ESPN team has its marching orders...

ESPN is just bad. Just watching their breakdowns. They wer talking about the UA aTm game. They first showed the play where Manziel gets sacked in the 4th qtr and was talking about how the UA defense was confusing him with the DB coverage. Now understand there was only 4.5 minutes left on the game clock in the 4th. Next the talking idiots go on and say how well he adjusted to it as he game went on and showed a play from the 1st qtr. Plain and simple the2nd half he was not good, but they are doing everything they can to make UA look not s good as advertised.
    "Charlie Don't Surf"

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team CrimsonPride's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Welcome to my world, Earle.

The price I pay for having had upgraded the home theatre set-up to now include a 60" plasma - to watch Bama football, of course - is having to endure my g/f and her son's penchant for such shows.

I simply cannot abide them.

Unfortunately, I don't get ESPN up here in Canada - though tomorrow's game will be picked up by a Canadian cable sports channel...

I plan on DVR'g the game, but gather from what I'm seeing in this thread that I should probably not bother recording the 1/2 hour pre-game?
    Since the pre-game is a separate show, you can always delete it if the ND lovefest is too much to stomach.
    "There's lots of Tigers and Bears, but there's only one Crimson Tide." -Mal Moore
    "It's not the will to win, but the will to prepare to win that makes the difference." - Paul (Bear) Bryant
    "Arguing with a fool proves there are two." - Doris M. Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Rush View Post
    Welcome to my world, Earle.

The price I pay for having had upgraded the home theatre set-up to now include a 60" plasma - to watch Bama football, of course - is having to endure my g/f and her son's penchant for such shows.

I simply cannot abide them.

Unfortunately, I don't get ESPN up here in Canada - though tomorrow's game will be picked up by a Canadian cable sports channel...

I plan on DVR'g the game, but gather from what I'm seeing in this thread that I should probably not bother recording the 1/2 hour pre-game?
    We have more TVs sticking around than I like to think of. Our big plasma which is in our living room and is tied into the home theater sound system seldom gets turned on. Here, in the study, where my primary computer lives, is really my primary watching area. The TV here is, looking at it, about a 50" Sony Bravia. The set out in the other end is a smaller Toshiba, but that's where the family cat hangs out, so I'm sure he loved having company for an hour and a half...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

Suspended
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com

ESPN team has its marching orders - diss Bama...

In 24 hours. The talking of the leprechauns beating the Crimson Tide will end. Period. You heard it from me first. The game will be a repeat of the 2012 Iron Bowl!

BamaNation Second Team

Re: ESPN team has its marching orders - diss Bama...

Its funny how they keep comparing Gholson to Manziel when he compares more favorably to Michigans Robinson. Not a very accurate passer but can hurt you with his feet if the pocket collapses. The bad news for ND is that he is about the same passing as Robinson but not as good running.

BamaNation First Team Bigalstide1877's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Ill most likely listen to jox tommorrow till the game comes on.

BamaNation First Team AgentAntiOrange's Avatar
    My Mood
    Suspicious on TideFans.com

I said this in another thread, I say it in the PF threads, and I'll say it here:

ESPN does their job if you go talk to your friends about them. Period. Marketing says that a happy customer will only tell a few people while an unhappy customer will tell about 14 people on average. Media outlets know this and accept that negative word of mouth produces more tuners than positive comments.

Herein lies 6 pages (so far) of ESPN doing their job. Or rather, we're doing it for them.
    Be Good Or Be Gone

“I just put them on the coffee table for recruits to look at”
    -Coach Saban when asked if he wears his championship rings.

'Im sorry, folks outside of SEC country, but a few facts are incontrovertible. They smoke better barbecue than you. Their women are prettier than your women. They play football better than your schools play football.
    -Andy Stiles, Sports Illustrated, after the 42-14 beat down of ND

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    I get the impression that some of you have your tvs tuned now 24/7 to ESPN. Just turn the channel and don't watch it until 7pm tomorrow night. Problem solved.

Im not watching it at all.
    Yep, I haven't watched ESPN since the USCe vs Michigan game.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Suspended
    My Mood
    Festive on TideFans.com

I thought the "Experts" segment was good.It was better than the Road to the Bcs segments, which were ND infomercials. Jesse Palmer was defending Alabama as was Desmond. Say what you will Desmond knows his stuff and usually doesn't care who it offends. Even Lou Holtz was giving Bama props, though you could tell he didn't like it when everyone started pointing out Nd's weaknesses. I even laughed at a few of his jokes.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Bama show yesterday was more ND than Bama the ND show was ND. Ok I get it they went undefeated Teo lost the Heisman because ESPN wanted Deliverence Banjo Boy so they owe then.

Hurbie & Mark have been fair to Bama all year I can live with that & get what I expect from the others.

At least Fox is not carrrying it they missed showing a kick off because the sideline reporter had the Coach's attention. Guess the just had one camera.

Trust me after we win tonight all you are going to hear is how they knew it all along how good Bama was. Having the reporters salivating over the ND players is a good thing.

Can I get a Honey Badger! The best name in CFB to its a mauling folks.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Chukker Veteran's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'm soaking up all the coverage...good bad indifferent...it's all good.

We spent too many years pre-Saban out of the national discussion, I'm loving being the center of attention.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

its in ESPNs best interest to hype up ND as much as possible. the game is on their channel and you have a 10 point underdog in this game. the event never lives up to the hype.

It'll be interesting to see how the coverage goes today. I posted the thread last night in disgust at the first five minutes or so. In retrospect, it's clear that they had been told to say everything good about Notre Dame possible in order to raise interest among people who may have assumed a guaranteed win for Bama...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus