ESPN team has its marching orders - diss Bama...

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Re: ESPN team has its marching orders...

I was channel surfing and came across “The Road to the BCS” segment on ESPN and saw that it was “Alabama”. I started to watch about 5 minutes of it, they talked about Notre Dame for the entire 5 minutes I watched. I stopped watching and started watching NFL playoffs and episodes of “Breaking Bad” on DVD.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Another observation. The coverage is getting awfully repetitive. Late night, last night they were playing the same interviews I've already seen at least twice. They promised coverage beginning this AM and continuing until game time. I think they run out of anything new to say...

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia

I've been staying away from most of the coverage because I just start getting fidgety and my doctor said I was getting 73% too much fidget lately.
TIDE-HSV has probably had that and can tell you how to deal with it.:smile:

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al

I thought the "Experts" segment was good.It was better than the Road to the Bcs segments, which were ND infomercials. Jesse Palmer was defending Alabama as was Desmond. Say what you will Desmond knows his stuff and usually doesn't care who it offends. Even Lou Holtz was giving Bama props, though you could tell he didn't like it when everyone started pointing out Nd's weaknesses. I even laughed at a few of his jokes.
Agree, it was OK. I wish they wouldn't let Dr. Lou talk. I thought it was funny at the end when he said he'd be impartial as he worked for ESPN and not ND, you could hear the crickets laughing at that one. The Film Room was actually real good, made me feel a lot better about beating up on their unbeatable defense. They're not real disciplined at times and take bad angles to the ball carrier, even Teo get out of place alot.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL

Tried to give ESPN another chance this morning but same result. What a shame. They weren't this way last yr. with LSU.

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL

Pretty sweet cover imo

I get tired of everything ESPN. It's just all so repetitive and blitherful

And then there's Stephen A Smith. . . the antichrist

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

The story should be that Bama is in the midst of cementing a Dynasty. The only dynasty in the BCS era should be the biggest sports story ever.

They (ESPN) pimped USC hard a few years ago. I don't get why we aren't getting the same respect/treatment.
problem there...the game hasnt been played yet....but they did mention a possible dynasty if Bama wins it...
good enough for me until the games played.

TRU

All-SEC
Oct 3, 2000
Tampa, FL
I plopped down in front of the TV yesterday and tuned into ESPN's pre-game coverage. My wife (who, despite being a UA grad, has little or no interest in, or knowledge of, football) walked into the living room. She watched for about 15 seconds and said "What's this- a Notre Dame ad? I didn't know that schools ran ads about their football programs."

Rolltide_PA

1st Team
Jul 31, 2011
you guys must have a different espn than i have. mine had cowherd, mcshay, may, kiper, fortuna, maisel, van pelt, and smith all predicting a tide victory.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
you guys must have a different espn than i have. mine had cowherd, mcshay, may, kiper, fortuna, maisel, van pelt, and smith all predicting a tide victory.
I said waaaaay above, that I posted the thread after the first five minutes of last night's special, when they were determined to dismiss the idea that ND couldn't win. If you don't want to read the entire thread, at least read the first page or two...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Now that they are done keeping the national audience interested by spouting how ND COULD win this game and they have to actually have to make a pick - they all know Bama wins this matchup.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.