Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Majority of the fans at Title game will be for Notre Dame

I don't have a clue about what the split in the stadium will be but I suspect that there are significantly more ND fans here than us Bama fans. They travel very well and there is a lot of pent up demand for them. That being said it doesn't really matter. Anyone who questions the loyalty and breadth of our fan base would have to be a moron.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Majority of the fans at Title game will be for Notre Dame

Quote Originally Posted by rolltideallday View Post
    When did you fly out? That was the same flight plan we had except storms or something in Dallas forced us to fly Nashville to New York to LA. Just curious if y'all left the day before and missed that issue?
    The game was on Thursday and I flew to LA on Wednesday. IIRC, that game was also on January 7.

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I heard on Bill King this morning that there are 50,000 Irish fans that have gone to South Florida without tickets.

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    The game was on Thursday and I flew to LA on Wednesday. IIRC, that game was also on January 7.
    Yes, it was.

As far as I can discern, we are undefeated on my birthday.
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you've earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money.
    - Thomas Sowell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by uafan4life View Post
    Yes, it was.

As far as I can discern, we are undefeated on my birthday.
    Well then Happy Birthday to you, and here's hoping you get a nice big NC#15 for your birthday present!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ColumbusTide View Post
    I don't have a clue about what the split in the stadium will be but I suspect that there are significantly more ND fans here than us Bama fans. They travel very well and there is a lot of pent up demand for them
    There are a lot of ND fans in central & southern Florida so it is an easy trip for them just to drive down and take part in the pregame events. After Chicago, central & south Florida is possibly their 2nd biggest cluster of fans.

Fortunately, most of the ND fans you've seen don't actually have tickets to the game and they didn't travel very far. Alabama fans are too far away to justify making the trip without game tickets.
    Last edited by JeffAtlanta; January 7th, 2013 at 09:48 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LSU fans were convinced it would be 70-30 in The Superdome too. It was "their city" and they had the "connections". Well it was 50-50 at best for them inside the stadium. Most of the folks I know that are going are not staying near the stadium, or even in Miami/Miami Gardens. Alabama fans will be there to represent. Even with three title appearances in four years, Alabama fans will show up in force.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Subthread: Do ND fans cheer like SEC fans do? My friend who saw a big game in South Bend said he was shocked how many of the fans just sat in their seats looking entitled. I'm not suggesting no one cheers, just wondering if the contrast he described is real.

Even if so, I realize those may not be the same fans that attend this game.

Post Thanks / Like

Good time to point out again that ND had an extra week to order tickets because they already knew they were going. That's enough to make a substantial difference...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Inspired on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MBA_99 View Post
    Subthread: Do ND fans cheer like SEC fans do? My friend who saw a big game in South Bend said he was shocked how many of the fans just sat in their seats looking entitled. I'm not suggesting no one cheers, just wondering if the contrast he described is real.

I have heard the same. But I'm guessing that the fans that travel to this game will be loud.

BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MBA_99 View Post

Nope. The student section is really loud, and I was really loud when I was in it. But a lot of the crowd only gets loud for big plays.
    Last edited by ND1976; January 7th, 2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: correct spelling

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Majority of the fans at Title game will be for Notre Dame

As to the question of whether they cheer or not - the answer is mostly not.

I have been to the ND - Michigan game at the Big House and at Notre Dame. Neither stand anywhere close to being as loud as Bama, Florida, Tennessee, or even Ohio State. Student sections are loud but not the rest of the stadium. That being said traveling fans tend to be louder, but I wouldn't expect them to match what we are used to seeing.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm here at the stadium and we are out numbered right now 3 or 4 to 1.Our student will call line is very long compared to theirs.And yes,their fans are as arrogant as they come.